Chapter 1

Michele's POV:

My alarm rings loudly and I groan before opening my eyes. I turn, stretch my hand putting my phone off on the night stand.

"Mickey...Get the hell out of your room!" Screams my mother from down the hall.

I again turn and cover myself under the blanket. I love the winter season, for you can curl up and sleep. I love eating cold ice cream in the chill weather.

"Mickey, don't make me come up, and pull you out the bed"
She yelled again and I finally decided to wake up.

"Coming Mother!" I yell back in a sleepy voice.

Getting up going straight into the bathroom, I did all my jobs and came down dressed. I kept my laptop bag on the sofa and walked to the kitchen.

"Good morning Mum"
I say sweetly going around the kitchen counter and kiss her cheek.

"Today is your important meeting. How are you so cool? And late..." She says to me in disbelief while string something in the vessel on the stove.

"Come on mum! It's just another important conference"
I say while glancing at my wrist band.

She shook her head and concentrated on whatever she was doing.

"Good morning Son"
Coming inside the kitchen said the character whom I hate for some reason.

I just nodded at him and walked towards the dining table. I sat in my place and Mum started serving breakfast.

"So, All the best for today"
He says looking at me with a small smile.

"Thanks!" I say lamely not looking at him and concentrating on eating.

"Honey, could you please get me this box down, it's to high for me to reach!" Says Mum from inside the kitchen.

"Coming love!" He replies and gets up going to help her.

He is Nathan Cater Adison my step-dad. My Dad died in a road accident when I was 12. Mum worked as an PA in a construction company of which Nathan is the owner. He says he loves her and had no problem in her being a widow and already having a son. Mum was alone at that time and it was a nice chance to fool her. Which he did, and later they got married. But, I don't have any siblings.

I don't know how people fall in love twice. My dad loved my mum and so did she. Then, how did she fall for this guy, I have no idea. I was very upset at the beginning but, then I gave up at last and agreed for them to get married just for mum's happiness.

It's been 20 years of their marriage and I have always seen Mum happy. Never has a day been that he doesn't say she is beautiful or gorgeous, or I love you! I never saw my dad doing anything for my mum though. But, I have always seen Nathan trying to make mum laugh, smile, and many more things. But, still I can never agree to this theory of 'second love'.

"Mum I'm leaving" I say getting up and walking till the hall, I took my bag from the sofa and walked to the main door.

"Good day sweetie!" She says coming out behind me.

I hugged her and she kissed my forehead and then I left.

I got into my car and speeded off. I have an important meeting today. I work for an fashion house as an Executive Director. I loved dressing up and having good looks from small, so I took it up as my profession.

I looked everywhere while driving and seeing the beautiful winter weather. The couples around the corner, the mom's with their babies in the pram, the old grandma with her grandson. A smile came on my lips looking at everyone and everything around.