Chapter 5

Michele's POV:

I woke up after sometime. It was 12pm. She is still sleeping and Ryan's playing with her hair. I looked at him and smiled he too smiled at me.

"Momy no wak up". He said again becoming sad.

I got up and gestured him to come to me. He crossed on top of his mother and came to me. I hugged him and spoke in his ear.

"She is sick now buddy, but she will wake up soon". I told him rubbing his back.

He looked up at me and nodded.

"Wanna eat something?"
I asked brushing his hair off his face.

And he nodded yes in response.

"First let's give you a bath first".
I said and he agreed to that too.

I went to the store room and opened the old brown wooden cupboard. I remember Mum keeping my childhood clothes here. So, I took them out and went back to the room. I took him to the bathroom and gave him a bath and we played in water for a while. I changed him nicely and brought him down to the hall. I went to kitchen and made him a bowl of serials. I'm not a 'great cook'.

He eat quietly. He is such an angel. Surprisingly my clothes fitted him nicely. He looks more cute than me in these T-shirt and trousers.

I feel bad for him, I don't know what all he must have faced with his mom. I'm sure there is a big story behind this mother and son. Then I put some video games and was playing with him.
When suddenly he screamed.

"Momy!!!"....He ran and hugged her legs.

She was standing there and looked shocked. But when she saw him she hugged him and cried. She asked him if he was 'hurt'. He assured her that he is fine. She again started to cry. He wiped her tears and kissed her cheek telling her to smile.

She laughed and tried to make him pronounce his name correctly. But her attempt failed. I just stood admiring the beautiful picture in front of my eyes. Then I cleared my throat and she looked up at me again.

I told Ryan to go and try a new game to which he ran and I walked up close to her and told her to eat something and then we'll talk.

After eating, I went to bring her medicine. I came and saw her sitting with Ryan. I went and stood in front of her and told her to take them. She looked at me strangely. Then I told her not to worry and they are painkillers and vitamin medicine. She looked relived but also embarrassed.

I sat opposite her and was looking into her 'green eyes'. They were so beautiful but, had a lot of pain hidden in them. She looked beautiful in that yellow nighty, she is not wearing anything inside. So, you know I can see everything clearly!. (Eeeeee:)

Dam Michele.... she is 'hot'. You can't deny the fact! My inner devil spoke.

"Thanks for helping me and sorry I bothered you". She said lowering her head.

I just nodded my head in response.

But, I had no wrong intentions. She is very simple, something is pulling me towards her, to know her, to protect her, the state she was in last night. I got so scared seeing her like that. I don't know her, we are strangers. But, at least for the sake of humanity. I wanted to help.

Then she asked me for my phone. I gave it to her and she went a little far near the window and spoke to someone. I wanted to know who is she speaking with. But, I can't just ask her. First I need to confess something to her.

Once she ended her call and gave me my phone. I stood up gaining courage I said, I had changed her clothes at night. I was a little guilty for doing that but, I had 'no option'. She looked at herself and back to me. She didn't say anything and just nodded. I gave her a small smile. But, she went and sat beside Ryan.

I went and sat the other side besides Ryan. I then asked her politely that she can share her story with me. She kept quiet and looked hesitant. I told her she 'can trust me'.

She thought for a while and took a deep breath.

"I lived a happy life with my parents till I was 10. My Dad passed away in an accident. My mother married another man and they had a daughter. My step father and sister were 'not bad' we were all happy together. I was living a normal life. Till the day my mother passed away due to lung cancer".

She stopped to take a breath. I can very well understand her feelings. I have gone through it. I kept quiet and just listened to her. She wiped her tears and again spoke.

"My step-dad was good in the first few days. But, after some time he started to 'abuse me'. He would come drunk at nights and hit me and my sister. He stopped us from going to school and college, saying it was extra expenses for him. He put me to 'work in a cafe'. The cafe is owned by his friend. So, all the money I earned used to go straight into his hands. I would work all day and only at night he would give me one meal to eat".

Her tears are flowing away. And I couldn't control mine either. How could a man be so cruel with a innocent soul like her. My heart sank looking at her dull face.

"What happened last night? And where is your sister? And husband?" I asked her curiosily.

She signed and was about to say when....

"Momy! Hunry..." Said Ryan looking up to her.

She wiped her eyes and looked at me. I understood and stood up to go.

"If you don't mind, can I cook?" She asked with a small smile.

I nodded and she came after me. We went into the kitchen.

"Use whatever you want but, just be careful and don't break anything. Or else my Mum will have my head in her hand".
I said in a serious tone.

She chuckled and nodded. She went around the counter and opened the fridge looking inside it.

I sat on the slab opposite the stove. She walked around looking for things. And I am 'ogling at her'. Seriously she is giving me 'wild thoughts'.

I thought of changing my mind by talking to her. So, I started.

"Your a good cook?" I asked picking up an apple from the fruit basket near by and taking a bite of it.

"That you have to say after eating!" She said giving a smile.

She came and put the stove on and kept a vessel of water to boil.

"What are you cooking?" I asked again.

"Pasta!..." She said taking the chopping board and kept an carrot on it.

"You like pasta?" I asked her again.

"It's Ryan's favorite. I never got a chance to like or dislike anything in my life". She said and I felt her pain.

I kept quiet for some time and just kept looking at her. She tied her 'hair up in a messy bun with few strans falling on her face'. The way her hip swayed, the way her chest is raising and falling, her baby pink lips. And most of all her green eyes!.

She is cutting the vegetables like an expert. She looked up at me and raised her eyebrow. I shook my head as nothing. She resumed back to her work.

"You live with your parents?" She asked me while putting the cut veggies into the boiling water.

"Yes, my mother and step-dad". I said in a normal voice.

"Ho!".... She said and raised her eyes.

"So, your real Dad?" She asked me softly in a doubt.

"He died in a road accident".
I said and left a sad breath.

"I'm 'sorry' to hear that". She said sadly.

I just nodded and gave her a weak smile.

She resumed back to work and I got off the slab to go and check on Ryan.