Chapter 17

Lilly's POV:

I am a 'little nervous to meet Michael's parents'....he said that they want to see me. He told them everything about us. I mean how we met and he helped me, my story and about his break up and his job.

I'm standing in front of the door and rang the bell.

The door opened by a smiling Michael. He bended down first picked Ryan and hugging him tightly. Ryan too kissed him.

"I mished you!" Ryan said in his baby voice.

"I missed you too my munchkin!" Micheal replied pulling his cheek.

"Ho there are you!" Said a voice from behind Michael.

A 'beautiful lady dressed in a green grown' came up to us. I knew it's his Mum. She came and immediately hugged me. I stood still but, hugged her back.

"I'm so happy that you came!" She exclaimed in joy.

"I had to come...How could I deny my life saver?" I said with a loving smile and looked a Michael.

He too smiled....

"Ho dear come in!" Said his Mum and pulled me inside.

We sat in the living room and Ryan started to play with some toys. Michael's Mum is so sweet she did not make me feel uncomfortable at all. I felt like 'my mom' is around me. She even made Ryan's favorite pasta. He loved it so much.

While we were chit chatting a man came into the living room.

He is tall handsome, looked like a very educated person. He looked at us and smiled. I too have him a little smile. I'm not good around men you know!.....

"Hey honey! I was about to call you". Said Michael's mother.

She went and kissed his cheek.

"Meet Lilly!" She said pointing at me.

I stood and gave him a small smile to which he nodded.

Suddenly Michael got up and went away.

"I'll see you later!".... He also said to her and left.

What did just happen here? I don't know. The atmosphere became very dull suddenly.

"Aunty, is everything alright?"
I asked her as we both sat back on the couch.

"There is nothing for me to hide from you". She said with a sad smile.

I held her hand and gave her a assuring smile.

"From the day I got married to Nathan, Michael never like him. I don't understand why? Nathan never hurt me nor him. Doesn't he just understand? I feel bad for Nathan. You know we never had our own children because we thought Michael will feel left out. And Nathan made the decision of not having a kid of his own". She said with teary eyes.

I was so shocked by hearing all this. It's so wrong of Michael to do this.

I quitely got up and went up to his room. I knocked the door but he did not open it. Then I pushed it open.

I saw him sitting on the bed with Ryan sleeping on his lap.

I went up to him and picked up Ryan. And turned to walk out. He got up and held my hand to stop me.

"What happened where are you going in such hurry?" He asked in a shocked manner.

"Why do you care?" I turned and asked him back.

"What do you mean?" He asked me confusingly.

"Why do you love Ryan? Who is he to you? Why do you care so much for him?"  I asked to which he grew his eyes big.

He didn't know what to reply me and kept numb.

"I'm asking you something tell me Michael? Why do love Ryan so much who is he to you?"
I asked him again and loudly.

He still kept quiet and looked down.

"I never thought you were so mean to your 'own parents'. That man loves you so much that he even never had his own child for your sake. And you behave so rudely with him. You don't have any relationship with Ryan but still you love him right?"

I stopped to take a breath. He looked stunned.

"Nathan is your 'Dad'. I know he is your 'step-dad' but, still he is your 'Dad'... And he loves you, not like Anthony atlest".

I said and walked out.... I know I was clearly rude but, someone had to knock some sense into him.

I came bid bye to his Mum she insisted me to stay longer but I preferred to leave right now. I had a 'lovely day with her' so I didn't want to spoil my mood. I straight left for home.