Chapter 13

Michele's POV:

Jordan and his team were working on full speed and looking for some clue. I was fish out of water, I was so worried. I swear to God if he puts a finger on her I would kill him.

Then suddenly my phone rang... It was an unknown number.
I immediately picked it up and not to be surprised it was him. The tech team traced the caller ID.

"Hello, Mr. Knight... It's a pleasure to speak to you".
He said with a evil laugh.

"You bastard! Where is Lilly? Dare you do anything to her... I will kill you!"
I said with gritted teeth.

"Cool down! Young man...Just give me some pennys and get your girl!".
He said giggling.

"How much do you want?"
I asked him loudly.

"5k! If you give, then only I'll leave her.. Or else I will...

I stopped him mid-sentence.

"You better keep your hands off her. Or else I will pull your head off your neck. And I will give you as much as you want. Just tell me where to come".
I said with fuming anger in my eyes.

"Good boy!..I'll message you the address. And remember not to inform the police". He said and cut the call.

By then they had already traced his number and area.

As soon as he kept, my phone pinged with a message. When we saw it... the 'address was different'. He called me from some 'warehouse'. But to take the money he messaged me to come to near 'the light house'.

While I was speaking on the phone with Anthony the team got another a clue. They found a CCTV footage of a yellow van passed by the tollgate. And they caught Anthony's face in the van.

Immediately they traced the van number and then the location. I told Jordan I want to come with him. He at first denied but, then agreed. Jack waited for us at the station.

We first went to the place where he called for the money. I had some with me and Jordan gave little from the police fund. We gathered everything and went to the location.

Jordan waited and hid behind a shop with the force. While I stood in the middle of the road for Anthony. He messaged me saying keep the 'bag near the dumpbin and go'. I quitely kept the bag there and went far acting like I was leaving the place. But I went far and hid behind one tree.

Soon after sometime two guys came on the bike. And one of them was him. I controlled myself not to go and hit him to death. He picked up the bag and they left.
We instantly followed them and reached to some abandon warehouse. They went inside and we hid out.

"Boys, on the count of three, two, one follow me".
Jordan said to his mates.

They all nodded while loading up their guns.

"Here keep this with you!. Use it only when needed".
Said Jordan and gave me a gun. I took and held it firmly.

"We don't know how many of them are inside, so be careful and we need them all alive". Said a serious Jordan and everyone nodded at him.

"Ready guys.. Three, two, one, and go!"

He said and we all ran in a line while the ones inside got shocked and nervous looking at the cops coming towards them.

They too started firing... We all started shooting and fighting with each other. They were eight guys and we were a full force of 20 cops.

We caught them within seconds. I held Anthony's coller.

"Where is she?" I asked him loudly. He got shot on his shoulder and leg.

He was bleeding from everywhere.

He glared and didn't say anything. I punched him in his nose and blood started to come out.

"Where is Lilly? Tell us Anthony or else I'll pull the trigger!"
Said Jordan holding his gun on Anthony's forehead.

"She's in one of the storerooms".
He said softly in pain.

The cops took him with all the goons inside the police van. While me and Jordan along with some officers went to look for Lilly in all rooms.

I screamed like a mad man we looked in almost every room but, she was not to be found. We splited our ways. I with one cop went to the top rooms and Jordan with one to the down.

Then suddenly I heard a loud sound of a door banging. It came twice. I ran towards the sound. I asked if she was there or not but got no answer but, I had a gut felling. So I broke opened the door.

As I opened it... My eyes got moist. She layed down there half naked and still gave me a week smile. I know 'she is relived by seeing me'. But, it hurt me to see her like that. I instantly ran and covered her with my jacket. I hugged her and I don't know why a kind of relief took place in 'my heart'.

I told her there is nothing to worry and she is safe now. I then called Jordan and told him I found her and to call for an ambulance fast. Also to make sure we have a lady nurse.

I carried her down... And saw that Jordan had already arranged an ambulance. I went in and kept her on the strecher. I kissed her forehead and knuckles. Telling the nurse to be careful and I will follow them from the back. I left her in and got out.

Both me and Jordan followed the ambulance to the hospital. We reached while she got unconscious by then. They took her to the OT. While we waited outside. Still worried and hoping everything goes well. Nothing should happen to her.

Then my phone rang! I saw it is Mum. Shit! I totally forgot about her. I'm out from the morning. I glanced at my wrist band it showed 3am. I picked up the call and told her that my friend met with an accident so I'm here with him. She requlently agreed to my answer. Though I got a good scolding from her.

Then Jack also came to the hospital by then. Along with him that guy Andrew and a girl came along with him. They all had worried expression on their faces.

Jack is cursing Anthony while Andrew is consoling that girl who is crying for Lilly. Then the nurse came to me.

"You need to sign these papers and fill them up". She said holding a pad which had the form and a pen on it.

"Who are you to the patient? Only family can sing them!" She said again before handing me the form.

I looked at her blankly.

"He is 'her boyfriend', you can let him do the formalities". Said Jordan very clearly.

I gulped down in nervousness for lying to him. But, right now I don't have a choice. I can't let him know the truth now. So I quickly took the form and did all the need full.

I just sat back holding my head.. And waiting for her to wake up. My heart is beating like anything. I just want her to be safe. Please, God don't take her away from me. I prayed mentally.