Chapter 6

Lilly's POV:

After having lunch we are back sitting on the sofa and watching Spiderman. He is Ryan's favorite superhero and he told Michele to put it. Michele again gave me his mother's nighty and told me to take a shower. I did, as I also was wanting to.

We are watching the movie and half way Ryan went off to sleep on Michele's lap.

"If you don't mind can I ask you a question?" I asked looking at him curiously.

He nodded slightly but, his eye is glued to the TV. His one hand stroking Ryan's hair slowly and tapping the remote on his knee with the other.

I took a deep breath and spoke.
"Why did your girlfriend not come yesterday?" I asked as it was a big question in my mind.

He stiffened and I saw a glimpse of 'hurt' pass through his brown eyes. His grip tightened on the remote.
I shouldn't have asked this. I thought and crused myself.

"It's 'OK if you..... I didn't finish my sentence.

"We broke up!". He said in a harsh way.

"What? But, you were about to.... Again he interrupted.

"I found her fucking our boss in her house". He said with anger and closed his eyes but, I felt his pain.

I kept my hand on his and he loosened up. He looked at me and smiled weakly so did I.

"You have not yet told me about last night?"
He said and put the TV off.

I took back my hand and sighed.

"My sister was 15 and I was 22 when Anthony stopped our education. He cruel with even his own daughter. He sold our own house for his needs. He would take drugs and do all sorts of illegal stuff. Both me and 'Raya, my sister'. Would be so scared of him. He would daily beat us up and lock us in a room for days without food and water.

He said that I have to work and then only he'll give is food to eat. So, I agreed looking at my sisters face. I used to work all day. Raya would be alone at home that time. One day I came home early".

I said gulping hard with my eyes closed. Taking a deep breath.....I  continued.

"When I entered in, I saw the shoe rack was fallen down. I went more inside to see the hall room was in a mess. All the things were scattered around.

I got scared and ran up to look for my sister, when I went into her room. I saw even there all the things were laying everywhere. Then my eyes fell on her sitting in the corner with her legs floded up till her chest, head down and hands covering it. I went close to her and kneeled down and held her shoulder.

"Raya", I wisphered her name.

She looked up at me and I saw her face was 'horrified'. Her eyes were 'red and fluffy, her nose was bleeding', her lips were cracked'. Her face was blue and pale'. I noticed her clothes were all tone'. She wasn't wearing anything down. Only her top, that too torn.

She immediately hugged me and started to cry loudly. I rubbed her back soothing her.I closed my eyes and couldn't control my tears.

I kissed her forehead and slowly asked her.
"Who did this?"

She broke our hug and looked devastated.

"Dad's friends"..... She said in a low voice.

I was shocked to my core. She again hugged me and said through her sobs.

"Dad took money from them and he was not able to give it back so he told them that they can use me as a payback".

Now I was more than shocked. Did he really do this to his own daughter? How could he do this to her? I was hell angry on him. Then I decided that today I'm going to end this.

I picked her, cleaned her up. Gave her something to eat and put her to bed. I waited for him to come home. When I heard the door open. I came running down and stood in front of him. He was fully drunk as always. He closed the door and looked at me. We stood in the hallway

"Anthony, I need to talk to you!" I said boldly.

I would call him Dad when Mom was alive but, now he doesn't fit for that relationship anymore.

He looked at me and walked closer I took a step back till I hit the wall and he was so close to me I could smell 'strong alcohol'.

"What is it you bitch?"
He asked spitting on my face.

"What did you do with Raya?"
I asked looking into his drugy eyes.

"Huh!".... He let an evil smirk.

"So you came to know?"
He asked trailing his hands on my face.

I moved my head and pushed him. He stumbled back but stood still.

"How could you do this to her? She is your daughter!". I said with teary eyes.

He laughed evilly.
"You want to know how I did it?" He asked smirking and coming closer.

I again moved back. I understood his actions and read his mind. I just turned to run. But he held my wrist and pulled me back. He threw me on his shoulder and walked into his room. I riggled and hit him, but it was of no use. He dropped me on the bed and hovered over me. He pinned my hand above my head.

I looked at him pleadingly.

"Anthony please don't, I beg of you!". I said with tears and fear.

But, he didn't stop. And that night he 'took away my innocence'. Not only that night, but it continued every night. Sometimes he would even bring his friends. I could never fight back. That's the worst part of it. He used both his daughters for all his needs. In every way he wanted he used us.

I  took a long breath
before continuing......

"One day Raya fell ill. When I took her to the hospital we got to know 'she's pregnant'. I got so worried. We couldn't even abort the child as she was too young and it would be risky both keeping it and killing it. Last she decided to keep it.

I didn't tell Anthony anything and sent her to one of my friends house. She stayed their in her 'whole pregnancy'. I told Anthony that 'she ran away with her boyfriend'. He didn't expect it at first and searched for her everywhere. But, at last he gave up.

But, he took out all his anger on me. He beat me up black and blue that day. I couldn't 'walk or even open my eyes'. He called seven of his friends and that night they all 'used me like a toy'.

After nine months I got a call from my friend Jazz, to whom I had sent Raya. 'She gave me the most ever beautiful and horrible news of my life'. She said Raya gave birth to a 'handsome little man' but, she couldn't 'survive to see her baby'. I couldn't even go for her burial. Jazz and her family did her last rights.

I couldn't believe my ears. I felt everything around me stopped. Then after few months. Jazz shifted her house besides mine. Just for me to see 'my nephew'. She and her husband have three girls. So, they used to take care of him as their son. I used go and visit him daily. He started to recognize me and would smile widely when I would kiss his cheek. He smiles exctaly like her. That's why I named him 'Ryan'.

I closed my eyes and took in a long breath. I slowly opened them and turned to look at Michele.

I can't describe his expressions now. I gave him a weak smile to which he blinked his eyes with tears rolling down his face.