7

The Joker

Arthur's pov

2AM

I'm replaying the TV news all over again. I'm thinking about either; joining the army or joining The Joker. The second one would be very stressful for me. Well, for both of us, I believe. But maybe he forgot about me. Those murders destroyed my sanity. I cannot live with that guilt.

I don't know anything about him. Not his name.. Does he even have a name? Damn it. I don't know what to do.

_____

This night I luckily haven't got any weird dreams. I clothed up in my shitty clothes, and picked up a random bag. This is the last day seeing my coworkes. I'm just going to pick up my things from there, and get out of here forever. How am I going to make money now?

As I walked around the mailbox, I noticed there was a letter sticking out. I thought it was for mom, so I quickly checked,

For: Arthur Fleck
From: unknown

It's for me!

I quickly ripped the evenlope and took the little paper, with bloody finger prints on it. It definitely wasn't send. Someone threw it into my mailbox just seconds ago. That scared me.

𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. 𝙸𝚏 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙸'𝚍 𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚔.

And then there was Joker card.

My heart jumped up. No. No way. The Joker is waiting for me just now behind this building, and I'm scared. I'm about to see him again? I'm not ready to see him again. What if he'll do the same like in my dream? What if he'll be mad? What if he'll tell it to the police, that thing about my murders? What if.. Ugh! He's so mysterious I can't even think about what could he do with me or the fact that I murdered those three subway guys.

My legs felt like jelly so suddenly. However, I managed to walk behind the building, nervously. Literally. But it wasn't bad nervosity. I was scared, but excited. Why?!

There was no one. Or so I thought. I felt relieved for a while.

"Well, well, well. So you're not a coward."

Came right behind my back. I felt breath on my hair, when I turned around, I was right. He was right there in front of me, and the height difference between us was crazy. He was one head taller than me, I had to look up at him. Just like the last time, but I didn't have time to realize it. How tall he was, and his face.

I was quiet. All I thought about was the dream. Which caused my cheeks to go pink. But he didn't seem mad. He was neutral. Like if he didn't care.

He walked around me and I stood still, with the bag pushed to my chest.

"You don't have to be so scared. I won't hurt you." He laughed, poking my shoulder.