Zavala X Reader -- He protected me

Note: Here is one of the lots of memes that I have found in the Internet.

Things you need to know first :

1. ( Y/N ) is a female hunter.

2. She has done everything that we had during destiny 1 & 2.

3. She is working lately with Zavala, The Crow, Osiris, Lord Saladin and Amanda for the Cabal issue.

4. She likes Zavala and that's why she is so excited with these missions.

5. She wants to tell him but she is afraid of rejection.

6. What she doesn't know is that Zavala has feelings for her too and loves having her by his side during those meetings with the rest of the team. - not that they tell him a lot, they had even kept secret about Crow's true identity and that the cabal want him dead -.

Back to now :

Reader's P.O.V:

I just finished with the Oracle battleground. I fought the Psions alongside with Crow and Saladin.

Osiris wanted to come too, but ...

Unfortunately, Sagira is dead. ( Sagira is the name of his ghost ).

Uldren calls his ghost and stands in front of a cabal computer. Glint scans it and downloads its data.

" Are we done here ? This place is disgusting. " Saladin comments.

I giggle and the Awoken prince rolls his eyes.

" Yes, we are. I am going to check on them and see what are they planning. Thanks for the help. " He replies and vanishes.

I wave at Saladin and my ghost appears next to me. I am teleported into my ship. It is still morning and I have nothing to do.

After some minutes of thinking, I decide to run some Crucible.

I wait in the queue and sigh.

This will be a long day.

~

I finish my Elimination match. I won, obviously.

I prepare myself to join an other match. Suddenly, my ghost appears and hovers in front of me.

" The Crow and Osiris want you to go to H.E.L.M. Immediately. " He informs me.

I nod and quickly fly towards the Tower. I reach my destination and my ghost teleports us into the room.

I see Osiris and Crow arguing.

" What's happening ? " I interrupt them.

" The data we collected the morning had shown that the Cabal want Zavala out of the game. They want to kill him and they also have these machines which can destroy a ghost. We need to protect him ! " Uldren states.

My eyes widen in shock. Zavala dead !? Nooooooo.

" We need to protect him ! " I tell the two men.

Osiris sighs. " Alright. Keep an eye on him, but tell him nothing. We will collect more information first and then take action. " He states.

I nod and walk out of the room. My ghost next to me.

I look at the sky. Night. A so peaceful night.

" Zavala wants to meet you in the first Garden of the City in half an hour. " He informs me.

I quickly jump in shock and start running towards my house. I enter and take a quick shower.

I finish my shower and wear a beautiful short black dress.

" What time is it ? " I inquire.

" In 5 minutes. Quickly. " My ghost answers and I leave my home.

I walk towards the garden and start searching for Zavala. I see him some meters away and come closer slowly and silently.

He is still wearing his armor. " Hello ! " I greet him standing right behind him.

He turns and looks at me. A smile plasters on his face. " Hi. ".

I go and stand next to him. " What did you want to talk about ? " I ask him with the corner of my eye I notice that his eyes take each inch of my exposed body. I mentally smirk.

" What did you want us to talk about ? " I ask him again with a shy smile.

He inhales and exhales. He moves himself and I change my position so I am facing him.

He wraps his hands around my waist not loosing eye contact with me. He is gazing at me like saying : ' If you don't feel comfortable, you tell me immediately and I stop. '.

I rest my hands on his chest. He smiles at me when he understands that I want this too.

He leans to kiss me and so do I.

Suddenly, I hear a gun shot. I turn to see that one of these cabal devices has just entrapped my ghost.

A gasp leaves my lips when endless pain rushes through my body.

A psion runs towards me with a blade. A big blade. A shiny blade.

A deadly blade.

So, this is it.

This is how it ends.

Me dying not even fighting for humanity.

The great God-killer, slayer of Ghaul dies by a random psion.

And my reputation follows suit.

I don't even have the moral to look, so I close my eyes. Tears threaten to fall.

I always wanted to live. Live. Experience. Risk. I am alive for so little in comparison with Zavala and the others.

A shot is heard. My body shivers waiting for the extra pain.

It never came.

I open my eyes and glance at the man that I like. He is holding a gun. I smile.

He protected me.

He takes my ghost and frees it from the Cabal machine.

I quickly inhale and exhale. The pain vanishes the moment my ghost starts operating again.

My ghost quickly disappears and let's me alone with Zavala.

I lock eye contact with Zavala. His hand caresses my cheek while giving at me a sad smile.

" Are you ok ? " He inquires with a worry gaze.

I slowly nod.

There is no need in hiding my tears. So, I let them free.

I wrap my hands around his neck and push my body against his. I cry hiding my face on his chest.

He wraps his hands around my waist pulling me even closer to him.

Zavala wasn't the only one who the Cabal want out of the game.

I want to tell him so badly but Osiris will reprimand me for sure.

I continue crying my eyes out until I fall asleep in his hands.

- 1044 words -

Note: Godddd. I just learned in my English classes what forsaken means. 😂😂  I felt the need to write about Zavala because my first one shot about him wasn't really good. Enjoy the season of the splicer. I love you ❤❤

*edited*