Cayde-6 X Reader -- Captured

The timelines are a little different.

It includes Osiris.

3rd P.O.V :

It needed to work. It HAD TO work.

Cayde watched the plans again.

He couldn't fail.

His eyes fell on his Ace of Spades. " Tomorrow is a big and important day. Don't fail me, old friend. Please. "

A sigh escaped his lips as his eyes returned on his map.

There had been a report of unusual Hive activity.

His thoughts came to a halt due to the approaching footsteps.

He turned to peek at the young girl entering his office.

Silvia hugged her teddy bear tightly looking back at the exo. " Won't you go to sleep ? "

The Vanguard Hunter smiled at the young girl. " I am just reviewing my plan. The question is: Why are you out of bed such an hour ? "

Silvia bit her lip. " I had a nightmare... "

Cayde mentally sighed. He wasn't sleeping well either after what happened 2 weeks ago.

" Come here. " He patted his lap.

The girl did as she was told and leaned against her father's chest.

Cayde messaged her head slowly in order to calm her down. " Do you want to talk about it ? "

The little girl shook her head. Closing her eyes while relaxing.

" As you wish. Do you want to go back to bed or join me ? " He asked.

However, there was no answer. Silvia was already asleep in her father's arms.

Cayde grinned. She was his only source of happiness lately.

~

Cayde's orbs scanned the team.

" This mission is of vital importance. You all know that it's a rescue mission of a dear friend of ours so I expect seriousness. " He stated.

Shaxx and Saint exchanged a glance. The Crow made sure that his gun was full. The two other Warlocks in the team nodded.

" And who knows ? We may not only find Y/N but also Osiris ! " Saint commented grinning.

Cayde crossed his arms in front of his chest. " You say it like we even care. Anyway, let's go. I want to save my wife. "

~

The hunter rested her back on the wall behind her. She could hear the deep breaths taken by her warlock friend.

" Remember, don't allow Savathûn to enter your mind. Shield it. Don't believe her lies. That's the only thing we can do for now to protect ourselves and our beloved ones. " Osiris spoke.

Y/N peered at the former Vanguard Warlock. She couldn't see his expression due to the darkness of their cell.

" Yeah, I know. You don't forget to say it every 10 minutes. "

Osiris sighed. " That's the only thing we can do to keep ourselves sane. Should I also remind you that we are in a cell specifically created to hold guardians and drain their light ? "

" We may still be able to heal ourselves Y/N, but I don't know for how long we can stand. We can't communicate with anyone meaning that we can't call for help. This also means that other guardians can't locate us. It's like we are either dead or lightless. " He continued.