19

Six o'clock rolled around. My plan was falling into place. Barry and I were going on a date tonight. Tonight, it was just going to be about me and Barry. Not about Caitlin, Ronnie, or any secrets. Just me and him.

I was wearing black leather pants and a white silky shirt that I tucked into my pants. I was ready for this date. He arrived just on time and when I opened the door, there was his million-dollar smile.

"So, what are we doing tonight?" He asked as we walked down the street to the city.

"I have a couple of ideas in mind," I said with a sly smirk. He smiled down at me and pointed at the sidewalk, gesturing that I should lead the way.

We walked down the street and I took him into a frozen yogurt shop. He was confused but excited nonetheless. I got cookie dough and he got mango but loaded with toppings. My only toppings were more cookie dough bits and some chocolate. It was odd but very good. I was about to pay because I brought him in here, but he was a gentleman and paid for it.

"I haven't had frozen yogurt in a long time." He said as he placed his spoon in his yogurt and took a big spoonful of it. I smiled and ate some of my own. "What did you get again?"

"Hmm? Oh, cookie dough." He looked down at my bowl with an inspecting look and raised his eyebrow. "Try some." I held out the bowl for him and he hesitated before putting his spoon in my yogurt, getting some toppings, and placing it in his mouth.

I watched him so I could see if he liked it. He tasted it and widened his eyes like he was surprised it tasted good. He looked over at me and smiled, nodding. I smiled along with him.

"It's good."

"I told you so." He laughed and held out his cup to me.

"Try mine." I inspected it and looked up at him.

"Those are a lot of toppings that aren't supposed to go with mango." He laughed again and dipped his spoon into it and held it out to me. There were no toppings, but the mango. I looked at the spoon and then back up at him. "Well, alright..."

My lips wrapped around the spoon and the fruity yogurt filled my tastebuds. I pulled away and nodded in satisfaction with the taste. It was sweet and cold. It was perfect. I licked my lips to get some extra off and we continued to walk.

"Okay, that is good."

"I told you so." He mocked. I laughed and lightly nudged him with my shoulder. He looked down at me with a big grin on his lips and then I felt something cold on the tip of my nose. I looked down at my nose and saw there was some yogurt on it from him.

"Hey!" I gasped, looking up at him. He had a playful grin on his lips and he started to walk faster than me.

"You look adorable." He said, picking up his pace. I grabbed my spoon and filled it with a giant scoop and his eyes went wide, still keeping his smile. "Woah, wait, hold on. We can talk about this."

"You're going to look adorable!" I copied his words and began to pick up my pace so I could catch him. He squealed a little as he turned around and began to jog. I ran after him, laughing and taunting him with the spoon.

"You have to be quicker than that!" He yelled as he looked over his shoulder. I picked up my pace and he started to bump into people, immediately apologizing to them, making us laugh harder.

"Hey, slow down! I haven't done cardio in six years." I panted, stopping. I hunched over and placed my free hand on my knee while I gained my breath. He stopped running and walked over to me.

"That's okay. I'm a little out of shape too." He said, panting also. I smiled up at him and moved my hand to my hip. "But you're pretty fast--"

I flicked the yogurt in his face. It landed on his mouth and nose. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped. I raised my eyebrows and placed the spoon in my mouth, licking the extra off of it while he stared at me with a shocked look.