30

It hit me. It hit me while I was driving and I couldn't believe the thought popped in my head. What if we created a serum to stop Hannibal from shapeshifting? I would need some help from Caitlin, but I pretty much knew what to do. We just needed to stop the polymerization reaction.

I drove to Joe's house and knocked on the door. When I didn't receive an answer, I walked in and saw him walking down the steps. His eyebrow was raised and he looked at me with curiosity and admiration.

"Barry, I know you told me not to come, but I don't listen, which I'm sure you've expected. I'm not letting you do this alone, and I think I've figured something out," I said, shutting the door behind me.

"Hello... you." He said weirdly. I ignored him as he walked further down the steps.

"I figured out how we're going to stop the shapeshifter," I explained, walking toward him.

"Oh, really?" He asked, walking down the steps to the living room. He was acting very strange like he was confused by my arrival and the place around him.

"Yeah, we can create a serum that will stop the polymerization reaction, essentially forcing the bonds to return to their normal state," I explained as he slowly picked up his jacket and looked over at me. "It would stop him from using his power."

"You can do that?" He asked, slowly putting on his jacket and looking me up and down.

"Yeah, with the help of Caitlin. I've created serums a lot recently." I explained the very obvious detail of my job. He knew that I could do that, but I guess he forgot. He walked up the steps again and stepped in front of me.

"Okay." My eyebrows pulled together as I looked up at him. Something was bothering him.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He looked down at me and straightened his look.

"Nothing." I shut my eyes for a second and then looked up at him with a small smile.

"I know something is wrong, that's my job. But, if you don't want to talk about it, it's fine." I said, placing my hand on his bicep and rubbing it slightly. He looked down at the touch like he was confused. "We'll go back to S.T.A.R. Labs and figure out how to stop this everyman."

"Everyman?" He repeated like he didn't like the nickname I gave Hannibal.

"Is it bad?" I asked, chuckling a little. He smiled and shook his head.

"No. I like it." He assured. I grinned and took his hand in mine.

"Okay, good. I do too. Now, come on." I said, pulling him toward the door.

I drove us to S.T.A.R. Labs and I seemed to be doing most of the talking. It kind of made me self-conscious, so about halfway there, I stopped talking. He was acting strange. Something was weird. I had a bad feeling about something.

We got into S.T.A.R. Labs and I walked toward Caitlin's lab. She was just sitting and working on her own thing and I explained to her my idea. She agreed to help me make the serum and Barry was just looking around like a weirdo.

"What's going on with him?" Caitlin whispered.

"I'm not sure," I whispered back, mixing some chemicals.

"Well, I hope this works, because it's done. Just go give it a little spin." She said, handing me the small bottle of it. I smiled and held it up, feeling proud of myself for thinking of this.

"Thank you," I said. She smiled and looked behind me, pulling her eyebrows together as she watched Barry.

"You're welcome, but, uh, you should probably..." I turned my head to see him awkwardly walking around slowly and glancing at everything.