TEN

"Hey." Jessica said to the boy, looking out to the city. She didn't want to look at the boy because she'll know once she sees his blue eyes, she'll easily forget why she was mad at him.

"Hey. Jess look..."

"Nate..."

"No let me explain." Jessica nodded as the boy continued. "I fucked up. I fucked up bad. That night, I was upset because of something and I let it out on you. Which was a dick move and I'm sorry. Please know I never meant to hurt you. It was never my intention. I guess I've built this defense mechanism that pushes anyone good in my life away." Jessica still didn't look at the boy. She was thinking. "Please say something."

"It's ok."

"Really?" Nate's eyes widened. He was expecting the girl to yell at him. 

Jessica nodded before looking at the boy. "I knew you were stressed about something and I knew you didn't mean what you said. I forgive you."

"Thank you Jessie. I promise you I'm gonna do things right this time." Nate smiled and pulled the girl in a hug. "So you never told me why you're in New York. I thought you lived in a castle in England."

Jessica laughed. "I never lived in a castle in England. Only visited one." Nate laughs at the girl. "Well if you must know, the Victoria Secret Fashion Show is this weekend. I gave Serena tickets, you're invited too."

"Seeing you walk down a runway in nothing but lingerie, count me in."

Jessica rolled her eyes at the horny boy. "You're disgusting."

"I mean you're literally the youngest, highest paid model of 2012."

Jessica groaned. "Why does everyone keep mentioning that? I swear the next person who mentions that I'm leaving."

Nate chuckled at the dramatic girl. "I mean it's an accomplishment. You've always wanted to do that."

"You remembered?" Jessica smiled. 

"How could I forget? You, Blair, and Serena always played dress up and walked down the hallways when you were kids."

"Hey that was Blair's idea, not mine."

"Either way you did it."

"And what about you?" Jessica punched his arm. "You and the Spectator."

"It's nothing."

"Uh no it's not Nathaniel. You actually made it."

"Hey..."

"I'm being serious."

"You still calling me Nathaniel even after all these years?"

Jessica shrugged her shoulders. "Nathaniel just rolls off the tongue."

Nate smiled at the girl. Is it possible to fall in love with someone even more? "Why is that we haven't talked in years, but it's like nothing has changed?"

"I guess we were always that way."

Nate smiled, thinking it was the right time to tell her. "Yeah. Hey Jessie..."

Before any of them could say anything, someone interrupted them. "Are you Jessica Olsen?"

Jessica turns around and sees someone she's never seen before. "Yeah I am." The girl looked at Nate but he looked very angry and pissed off.

"I'm Sage I'm a big fan of you. Your makeup brand. I use it everyday."

Jessica smiled. "I'm glad you like it. Um I actually have to go, but it was really nice meeting you Sage. I'll see you around Nathaniel."

Nate sighed, a little angry their moment got interrupted. "Bye Jessie."

There is never a good time for these two.

Nate wanted to tell the girl how he felt. How he has felt for years now. If only his ex-fling wouldn't have interrupted them. Because then maybe, just maybe the Golden couple could be together. 

✄-----------------------------

edited: january 6,2022