THIRTY-FIVE

The walk to Serena's place was peaceful. Jessica was able to think about what she was going to say when she sees Nate.

A simple 'why the hell did you break up with me' was the only thing she could come up with.

The elevator dinged and the girl walked in. "J!" The girl was engulfed in a big hug by Blair.

Jessica laughed. "Hey B."

"Thank god you're here. This party was getting super boring." She said empathizing the word super. "If I even have to be around Humphrey for another second I'm gonna vomit."

Jessica chuckled. "He isn't particularly a good sight to look at."

"Might I add your outfit." Blair spins the girl. "Beautiful as always."

"The only beautiful one is you Blair."

"Yeah I know." She shrugs her shoulders.

Before she says something, Lily comes over. "Jessica!" She hugs the girl. "I heard you were back  for a fashion show. I'm so glad to see you. I missed you."

"I missed you too Lily. Happy Thanksgiving."

"Happy Thanksgiving to you too sweetheart. Here let me take your coat." Lily said, taking the girl's coat and walking away. 

"Jess?"

Jessica turned around to see the one person who broke her heart. Be strong Jessica. "Hi Nathaniel. Happy Thanksgiving."

Nate smiled. "Happy Thanksgiving Jess. I didn't know you were coming."

"Airports were closed. Did you know they closed the entire airport?"

"They did not." Blair says.

"Right? The most ridiculous thing I've ever had to witness. And S being the kind soul she is invited me here."

"That's great um..." Nate said, scratching the back of his head. 

Jessica could sense Nate was nervous because he always does that when he is. 

"What?"

He looks up from the ground. "Uh... I just..."

Before he could finish his sentence, someone cuts him off. "Do you think Serena would mind if I... oh hi Jess."

What the hell was Sage doing here?

As far as the girl was aware both Serena and Nate broke up with anyone related to that family. So why the hell was she here?

"Hi. Sage right?" She nods as she hugs the girl. A little too tight.

Now it all makes sense.

Nate trying to not make eye contact with the girl which frustrated the girl. "I'm going to go find S. and let her know that I'm here." Jessica sighed walking away, a bit upset not only in Nate but in herself.