FORTY-ONE

Everyone was sitting at Blair's penthouse. Gossip Girl was apparently Dan and everyone was somewhat ok with it. Nate on the other hand wasn't thinking about that. He was too busy thinking about Jessica. When Nate saw his two best friends get married, he wanted that. He wanted to marry Jessica.

"Can I ask your opinion on something?" Nate asked his friends.

"Anything." Chuck said.

Nate reached inside his suit pocket and pulled out a small box. He opened it and showed them.

"Oh my god." Serena said. "It's beautiful."

"Don't tell me it's for Sage." Blair said.

"Isn't it a bit too soon?" Chuck asked.

"She isn't pregnant right?" Uncle Jack said.

"Guys... it's not for Sage." Nate said.

"Then who man?" Dan asked his friend.

"It's for Jess right?" Serena smiled.

Nate nodded. "I bought this a few days after we started dating because I knew some time I was going to do it. But then everything happened and I broke up with her. And she probably hates me now."

"She doesn't hate you Nate." Blair reassured the boy. "She misses you."

"I miss her too." Nate said. "When I saw you and Chuck even if it's just such a small, last minute ceremony, I wanted that. I wanted to do that with the girl I love."

"So what's stopping you?" Chuck asked his best friend.

"I don't know."

"She'll say yes you know Nate." Serena said. "Trust me. She loves you. Go get her."

And that's exactly what Nate did. 

✄-----------------------------

I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS BOOK WAS ALMOST ENDING!! WTF!!