Chapter 3

In City Library

Arsh:- Hey actually we want to find about the old house?

Librarian:- Whi... Which... Ol..d house?

Arsh:- Um... Relax just in general

Unnati:- Wait Arsh!! We have a summer break assignment. Here my college I'd(Shows college I'd) So we want to find about our city's history and the famous old houses

Librarian:- Oh you can go to the first floor there are all the books you guys would need...

They thanked the librarian and headed towards the first floor. While on the stairs...

Arsh:- Pa why did you lie?

Aashna:- Arsh when you asked about the old house she already got scared. God knows what's wrong with that house. That's why.

Unnati:- Exactly and if I would have asked specifically about that house then she would have find something suspicious.
Arsh nods convincingly

Manav(Opens the door of the room):- Oh god looks like no one comes here. It's so dusty(Coughs)

Ashi:- True

Tanzeel:- Ofcourse no one would come in this century they can find it on internet

Aashna:- And even if they come they have no interest in city's history.

Sanket:- Hmmm

They went towards the shelves which was named "City's History." And start searching about the old houses. But don't find anything.

Sanket:- Guys it's so surprising that there are freakin 5 shelf for our city's history but none of them hasn't even a single thing related to the old house.

Manav:- Exactly even I found this book "Wattigon's famous Old Houses" but even that doesn't have it...

Aashna:- That book has 5 volumes but none of them have about it

Ashi:- No no we are missing something... Wait give me the book Aash

Aashna gives the book and Ashi starts finding something in the contents

Ashi:- Wo Arsh waha name plate par naam kya tha?

Arsh:- Anna Marie... Par kyu?

Ashi:- Do minute ruko

Tanzeel:- Kuch nahi hai Ashi. Wo book mane bhi kholi thi

Ashi:- Rukna (Screams) I knew it

Arsh:- Kya hai? Chilla kyu rahi hai?

Ashi:- Come. See isme contents me Anna Marie hai. Pg no. 218 right... Ab if we find 218 there is no page as it. And see uske baad it's John Wick page number 230 and before that Mrs. D'Souza which ends at 217.

Unnati:- Means Anna Marie's information is missing...

Aashna:- 12 pages are missing

Ashi:- Exactly and see there are marks of torn pictures

Sanket:- To ab? Internet par dhunde?

Manav:- Ha chal

Everyone starts scrolling on Google finding about Anna Marie. Everyone get shocked of what they find

Aashna:- Isme likha hai Anna Marie built that house in 1976.

Sanket:- But people burnt it down in 1980. But how's its possible we saw that house 2 days back?

Manav:- Right and even if someone rebuilt it then also the picture attached here is exactly is same as what we saw.

Ashi:- See there is an interesting story about it. In 1986 a Spanish traveller went in that house at night but never returned. They didn't even find his body.

Unnati:- Also it's written the house was burnt at night which lead to her death and by morning the local peasants saw the house as it is but never found anything about Anna Marie.

Tanzeel:- But why did people burn that house?? What could be the reason?

Arsh:- Yes and if we will ask someone they won't reply. Neither our parents nor any random people.

Ashi:- Guys let's ask the librarian about the missing pages. Might be she have them.

Unnati:- Yeah let's go

They took the book and rushed down to the librarian. The librarian was talking on the phone. They waited for her to complete the call.

Ashi:- Ma'am in this pages from 218 to 230 are missing.

Librarian:- Oh let me check.(After check) Oh yeah once a group of college youngsters came and they had torn them. I even fined them for destroying library's property...

Unnati:- Ohk I would like to issue this book

Librarian:- Fill this register and return this withing a week or after that charges would be applied

Unnati:- Yeah ok

They issued the book and left the library. It was 3. They thought to go to nearby cafe and have coffee.

To be continued
A/N:- Where are the pages? How is the house still there if they burnt it? Did librarian lie or really the pages torn? Why did the people burn the house?

Please give feedback and constructive criticism both are welcomed ✌️

Thank you
~Siya🌸