Chapter 17- Small talk

TOMIWA...

I was in so much pain right now, just because of her. Why did she have to lie about us done with our schemes? Did she...?

No stop thinking too much, it may probably be because she sprained my foot herself, and she had to pay for it by taking care of me.

I took a deep breath; just thinking about what is happening in school today. I'd be so relieved when all this is over, and I'll finally get to class, but now, I felt like I can't breathe when she's here with me.

Furthermore, I inhaled deeply and then tried to forget my thoughts from distracting me.

Maybe this wouldn't be as bad as I thought it was.

She got up and walked out of the room then came back with pills and a cup of warm water in her hand. She handed them over to me.

“What's this you are giving me?” I looked at her in confusion.

“Drugs to cure your sprain. Now take them.” She said quickly, knowing fully well that I didn't want any of her emotional speaking. It would just make things very much harder.

“How many I'm I supposed to have?” I asked taking them out.

“Two,” She said and grabbed the container from my hand. “I didn't say a hundred, I said two.” She said sarcastically.

I took a deep breath and threw the two into my mouth and gulped down the warm water. I grimaced at the taste. I've never gotten used to taking pills, I always preferred injections.

“How do you know a lot about these stuffs?” I asked. The suspense as been killing me on how she knew how to take care of patients.

“About what?” Moyin sniffed the drug she just gave me and her face scrunched up as soon as her mouth mistakenly touched the top of the container. “Ew!” She spat the little pinch of particle that touched her mouth.

I laughed at this.

“What's so funny?” She asked casually.

“Nothing. So?”

“What?” She cleaned her mouth. And there I was staring at her lips.

“How do you know a lot about hospitality?” I pressed.

“Learned it. My mum always wanted me to be a doctor even if I'm in art class. So she took me to events during the holiday when I went abroad. It was hard but I tried.” She ranted.

“Why? I mean, is it possible to learn art and be a doctor, how would you manage?”

Moyin looked down and up and down, and I wondered what she was thinking.

“Well you never know where the story may lead you to. Maybe good or bad, but I'm trying my very best.” She said sadly.

This is really my first time knowing the true her. Like, I didn't get to know her better during these days and months.

“But what do you prefer doing?” I asked anxiously.

“I prefer being an artist, but I also love helping people in a way.”

“In a way?”

“Yes, in a way. There are some people that doesn't deserve the help. I'm not even supposed to be helpful to you right now.” She sounded pissed. “I hate when you do this. Why are you asking me this stupid questions. Not like you care at all and--”

“Look.” I stopped her in her mid- sentences. “They are not stupid questions. Before we even started dating, we couldn't even get to know each other that well, and I think that's why the trust wasn't there at all.”

She just nodded in response.

“Is that all you can say?”

“There's nothing more to say.” She said in a strange tone.

We both heard the door open from behind us, and we sighed in relief when Mr. Patrick, the nurse came to our existence after so many hours.

“Am I missing something?”

“I don't know Mr. Patrick. Are you?” I said in a hush tone.

“Have you done what I told you to do?” He asked Moyin while she nodded in response.

“You can go to your class now or do you still want to take some rest here?”

“No, I'll be leaving now.” She stood up to leave.

“Wait what about me?”

“You'll be staying here okay?”

“No, why? I'm fine. I need to get to class.” I said proofing that I'm absolutely fine by stretching my leg.

“No, you need some rest.” She said.

“I'm fine,” I challenged.

Mr. Patrick just kept looking at us and my stubborn attitude.

“Mhhn Mhn,” I cleared my throat. “ I'm leaving.”

I stood up from the bed and went straight to the door. Opening the door, I turned back and looked between Mr. Patrick's and Moyin's face then said...

“Thanks for making us stay here, Mr. Patrick. I'm very grateful.” I said and left.

I went back upstairs to my class and our biology teacher was in the classroom already. I walked to the back of the class but when Mr. Fresh saw me...yes, that's his real name Mr. Fresh. When he saw me, he asked where I had been, and I had to tell him about my sprained foot that was still paining a little, and he offered me to sit.

No stress!!