Chapter 44- Fucked up life

Tomiwa...

I went to the park by 10pm, waiting for Moyin. I knew I told her 6pm, I knew I was late but as an asshole my father is, he didn't want me to go out cause he thought I would run away. My mum had to beg him before he could actually allow me to leave.

I called Moyin, but her phone was switched off. I called multiple times in case it turns on. I wanted to tell her everything that was happening. I wanted to tell her how my father actually wants me to be a school dropout. What am I thinking? She probably got mad and left, and also switching off her phone because of me.

I groan out loud in frustration, running back to my living hell called home.

When I got home, I spotted my dad in the living room, sitting on the couch. He looked as if he was thinking, but I didn't care.

Isn't he supposed to leave this house today, what is he still doing here?

I started heading towards my room when my dad spoke.

"Stop right there!" His deep voice echoed.

I gulped, and my eyes trailed slowly to this man who thinks he's so perfect. The urge to punch his perfect face overwhelmed me, but I didn't want any more trouble, so I kept my hands to myself.

I kept my eyes to the ceiling.

I heard my father's footsteps, signifying that he was coming towards me.

"Who did you meet that was so important for you?" He asked, and I brought my head back down to face him.

"No one. I had to stroll a little and catch my breath." I told him, staring back at the ceiling. I didn't lie. Not like the person I wanted to meet made it there or was even there.

"About this last night..." This stupid man started.

Last night? I hope he changes his mind.

I waited for him to speak, but nothing came out from his mouth. I figured it was time I left this place now.

"I'm sorry," my dad apologized.

He apologized!

Hallelujah.

I'm free!

"But I haven't changed my mind though," he started and my smile vanished. "You're going to London, but you'd write their exams over there and get into college." He told me.

Does that mean I get to stay for a while?

"Does that mean I get to stay for sometimes?" I told him my thoughts.

"No. You're still going next week, which isn't that far," he paused. "The only thing is that you go to college, and you work as the COO."

"I can't do that. It's going to be stressful." I complained.

"Shut up and listen to me first." He retorted angry.

I obeyed.

"We'd teach you how to work as a COO and teach you how it works. You would also have a personal assistant who will help you with your work when you aren't around." He told me.

I didn't need to know this. I don't have to do this.

"Also, you would have your bank account where your salary would go to and when I send you cash."

What this man was saying was all bullshit. I couldn't understand anything. I'm just confused.

"You can go now." He dismissed me.

Still not satisfied but I went to my room. I switched on my light when I saw a figure on my bed.

"Jesus Christ!" I panicked for a second.

The figure turned to look at me and I realized it was my mum who is presently looking at me in a confused manner.

"I thought you would have slept on the coach." She asked me in a whisper.

Why would she think that?

"I can't sleep." I actually can't with everything that has been happening, I would have to find a way of sleeping.

"Do you want me to warm some tea for you or milk? It helps in sleeping." She asked.

"No." I said without thinking.

"Anything you want me to do for you?"

Why is she asking me all this? What does she want?

"Just go back to sleep, mum, I'll be fine." I said, rubbing my hand on my face.

She stood up, but I kept feeling her weird gaze on me. Know who my mother is, she won't rest until I fall asleep. That's if she has the time to do so.

I went towards my bed and laid down, turning to the other side. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep and failed to relieve myself from this fucked up life.

"When you're leaving, please switch off the lights." I told my mum, not facing her.

I then kept quiet and pretended to be asleep, so my mum would go back to her room and leave me the fuck alone. After sometime, I felt my mum footsteps as she switched off my room's light before leaving the room.

After something like fifteen minutes, I took my phone and called Moyin again. This time her phone wasn't switched off but ringing. She didn't pick! The fuck?

No, I have to sleep, I need some rest in my life.