Annabeth

So Percy tried to kill Piper.

That's whats happening in my life right now.

Great.

The last week has been living hell.

I've been so stressed and Frank's been giving us updates on Percy.

Right now he's just underwater, like for the whole week.

I don't know exactly how healthy that is.

"Morning babe." Piper said rolling over on the bed, her hand playing with my curls.

"Morning." I say very groggily.

Piper rolls out of bed getting ready for the day, I follow slowly behind.

"We have lunch with Frank and Hazel today." She says as she throws on my Yankees jersey.

"Mhm." I wasn't enthused, no offense to those two I just didn't wanna be around people right now.

"Do you want me to cancel?" Piper asked looking at me concerned, she could read me like a book. Sometimes I hated that.

"No, no," I said grabbing a Beatles shirt off the ground, "it's fine. Where are we going?"

"That little sandwich place near the center of town."

"Got it."

~

"Hey girls!" Hazel's southern accent mixed with the warm summer weather made it seem like a movie.

Her and Frank were already seated at a small white table with a red umbrella over it.

I waved as we walked closer.

After we sat down Frank clears his throat, "Uh, I just thought I should let you know Percy's still underwater. Still in California's waters too."

I nodded, I assumed it was for my benefit. I didn't like bringing him, and his, uh, outburst, up around Piper. 

I care about her, a lot. I'm starting to realize that. I think I've cared about her a lot, for a long time.

Lunch was alright.

I didn't really know what happened.

I kinda just zoned out. Piper would grab my hand when I needed to actually say something in conversation.

Gods she's amazing.

When we got back to the apartment I went straight to the bedroom and grabbed a book.

I don't know how long I read for, I was reading the part where Alex gives his speech to everyone saying he's bisexual. That's when Piper laid her head on my chest. 

I finished the book.

The ending made me cry, I'm not exactly sure why.

Piper looked up at me and moved her hand to wipe away my tears.

I moved her off of me, "Hey?" she sounded hurt.

I went to the drawer and threw on my dad's old King's College sweatshirt.

"Annie?"

I grabbed her leather jacket and threw it to her.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed my keys. I was almost out the door when I realized Piper wasn't behind me.

I went into the bedroom where Piper was sitting on the bed, she was holding her jacket, she looked at me very confused.

I grabbed her hand and a book on my dresser.