Annabeth

"No. No. Percy!" I screamed.

"What?" He asked innocently. "I'm just putting up the lights?"

"You're doing it wrong! They're supposed to be parallel to each other not diagonal."

"Annabeth, lights are lights. If you can see I did my job right."

"Just give them to me." I walked over to where Percy was on the ladder and took his place as he stepped down.

We were in a large open canopy on the beach getting ready for Frank and Hazel's rehearsal dinner.

As their wedding coordinator it's my job to make sure everything goes perfectly.

Perfectly.

That means I can't have seaweed brains messing up the lights.

As I finished the lights Percy stared at me from the bottom of the ladder.

"What?"

"Nothing." He said. "Just you're gonna fall."

"I am not."

"Oh you totally are. You're footings not right and as soon as you adjust your weight to come down you're gonna fall."

"That's not gonna happen."

I started stepping down.

I fell.

As I tumbled back I landed in something I haven't felt in a long time.

Percy's arms.

I looked up his eyes met mine with a shimmer and and a smirk.

"Told ya wise girl." He said smiling.

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day." I say.

"Hey Annabeth," Piper's voice rung from outside the canopy, I hopped out of Percy's arms. "do you think we should give the bartender a warning for Dakota and some other Dionysus and Bacchus kids? Oh."

She saw me standing very close to Percy my hand still on his chest.

"Oh it's nothing." Percy said. "Your girlfriend is just a klutz and fell so I helped her."

"Got it." Piper said looking at me.

"Anyway, yea good idea Pipes I don't wanna have to watch the Dionysus and Bacchus kids. So make up a list of them and I'll give it to the bartender so after drink 2 they start watering it down." I said brushing my hair out of my face.

"Come here." Piper said gesturing me towards her. "Let me get this hair out of your face."

Piper braided my hair into a single french braid down my back. Percy looked away as if I was Medusa.

"There." Piper kissed my cheek. "Perfect just like you."

I smiled and adjusted my overalls.

"Okay, I'm gonna go finish up some stuff with the place settings I'll be back in a bit." Piper started walking out the canopy. "Oh and do you wanna do maybe a picnic or something tonight before the rehearsal dinner babe?"

"Sure." I say smiling. "If I have time just planning this is sort of hectic. But I should be good."

"Okay, it's a date." She said that more to Percy then to me.

"Percy you told your dad to make sure there weren't any tides or storms or anything right?"

"Yea, don't worry."

"It would be bad if a tide came and ruined Hazel's white dress."

"Or trashed those weirdly set up lights." He said smirking.