ʕ2ʔ Dance Teacher

Author

Ryujin rushed out of their classroom after a long lecture with Mr. Kim. Luckily, she was just 2 minutes late so Mr. Kim didn't scold her earlier.

Walking to her locker, she met her batchmate and one of her close friends. The two didn't have the same first-class that's why they usually meet in their lockers.

"Hey, Ryu. What's up?"

"Oh hey, Chaer. Nothing really. I just finished Mr. Kim's long class. You?" She said while putting some of her books inside her locker.

"History. My head hurts from all that ancient things Mr. Wang said." Chaeryeong held her head dramatically.

Ryujin chuckled at her actions and closed her locker.

Here we go again.

The two overheard a student walking in the hallway.

"What do you think they mean?" Chaeryeong asked Ryujin as she just shrugged.

As they were about to walk in the opposite direction, they heard the slamming of table in the other direction.

"What was that?" Ryujin asked the auburn girl in shock.

"Here we go again." The two girls mumbled.

...

"That was you, isn't it?!" Beomgyu slammed the table.

"No, what are you talking-"

"Oh shut up. You are the only one who keeps on looking at my car."

"I p-promise you Beomgyu I didn't do anything to your car." The poor boy raised both of his hands.

"Then who?!"

"I-I don't know I'm sorry."

Beomgyu groaned and madly walked out of the scene.

"Called it." Ryujin whispered as Chaeryeong nudged her.

"Why is he making a scene again? and on the canteen? No teacher even stopped him."

They started walking away from the canteen and decided to head to the next class.

"No teacher is around." Ryujin spoke.

"Exactly! Where are the teachers? Where is the principal? His dad?" Chaeryeong ranted.

"Just don't mind him. This is so every day. Aren't you used to it?" The short-haired girl replied.

"It doesn't mean that it must be tolerated!"

"Chill Chaer, I also hate his actions but it's not like we can do something about it."

"Then, WHY do you like him?"

Ryujin stopped in her tracks and froze on her spot.

"No... I don't." Ryujin spoke. "Why do you say that?" She asked.

"Oh please Ryu. You know what I won't even explain. I'm not judging you for your likes. I'm just...curious." Chaeryeong started walking ahead of her.

"Hey, wait!" Ryujin caught up with her.

...

Dance class. Ryujin's favorite class of the week. She is now sitting in the dance practice room with Chaeryeong and Yeji. Yeji is also one of her close friends together with Lia and Yuna.

The classes started as usual. Ms. Hirai thought them the rest of the dance choreo they have been practicing.

While they were practicing, someone barged into the room loudly.

"Oh, Mr. Choi. You attended dance class today." Ms. Hirai spoke, shocked heard from her voice.

"Should I just leave?" Beomgyu asked sarcastically.

"No." Ms. Hirai smiled. "Sit down." She pointed at the chair.

"Aren't I suppose to dance?" Beomgyu gave her a weird look.

"Yes, if you just attended the class a few weeks ago, then you wouldn't be having a hard time catching up."

Beomgyu groaned and sat on the chair.

Ms. Hirai again faced the students and told them to rest for a little bit.

"Wow, how bold of him to show up when we are almost at the end of the choreography." Chaeryeong sipped her water.

"I know right." Yeji chuckled.

"Maybe he has a reason you know." Ryujin blurted while looking at the boy using his phone.

The two girls eyed her weirdly. Chaeryeong signaled Yeji to not say anything more.

"Ryujin!"

Ryujin turned to the sound of her name being called. It was Ms. Hirai.

"Come here for a sec."

She stood up and went to their dance teacher.

"So you probably know Choi Beomgyu right?"

Ryujin nodded at the question.

"I want you to teach him our choreography since there's this event coming up next month and this is a really strict event." Ms. Hirai clasped her hands.

"This will represent our school. And I trust you since you are one of the best dancers in our class. And maybe you two might get along well."

Ryujin chuckled awkwardly. "Um, I'll try Ms. Hirai. If I can approach him though..." Ryujin glanced at Beomgyu who's eyes are still glued on his phone.

...

Ryujin came back to Yeji and Chaeryeong who were just talking.

"Sooo? What happened?" Yeji asked.

"Ms. Hirai-"

"Don't tell me you agreed?" Yeji cut her off.

"Yeah, she did." Chaeryeong answered. "But seriously? You two get along? really well? I doubt this."

"Why did you agree?" Yeji asked.

"You know her."

"Okay, can I speak now?" Ryujin raised her brows.

The two girls chuckled and nodded.

"Just want to give it a try."

"If that guy hurts you, our whole group will murder him." Yeji spoke.

The short-haired girl shook her head and drank her water.

"Try approaching him." The auburn girl nudged her which resulted her water going everywhere.

"Hey-"

"Go on Ryu. We'll watch."

"Fine." She groaned and walked up to him.

"Hey um, Hi I'm Ryujin." She handed her hand out.

Beomgyu looked at her hand then looked at her.

"What am I gonna do with that?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

Ryujin sighed unnoticed and repeated. "Hi, I'm Ryujin."

"Okay." He replied coldly.

"Oh boy, I hope this goes well." Ms. Hirai who was watching them sighed.