ʕ36ʔ Choi's Mansion Pt. 2

Beomgyu

We have been studying for 30 minutes now. We first studied English since we both will take that test tomorrow. It's also the easiest one so we agreed on that first.

"Are you sure this is right?" Ryujin pointed at that one word in the textbook as I nodded.

We are finalizing and just reviewing some vocabulary. We are basically finished on this subject, just finalizing.

"This one?"

"Yes, that's also right." She nodded and continued reading.

I also continued reading while writing some things so it's easier to remember. Why do I have so many tests to take?

We were both focused on reading when we heard the doorbell rang. We both looked up at the same time and looked at the door. One of our maids opened the door as I saw my dad came in.

I felt Ryujin behind me, immediately stood up while I just slightly chuckled at her action.

"Hi, dad." I greeted. "You're early." I added as he just nodded.

"Such a relief." He said as his eyes traveled to Ryujin who was still standing while clasping her hands together.

"I see, you brought someone with you." He smiled.

"Good evening, Principal Choi." She bowed again as my dad bowed back at her.

"Good evening too, Ms. Shin." His eyes traveled back to me with a lowkey confused look.

"Is it okay if we study here?" I asked. I know he's asking why she's here. I can tell by his eyes.

He made an oh expression and nodded at me. "Of course, it's okay." He smiled at us. "You can sit now Ryujin, please be comfortable in our home."

I saw Ryujin's shocked face when my dad called her by her name instead of her last name. She obligated and sat down again beside me. I saw her looked at me as I just gave her a chuckle.

"By the way." My dad started as we both looked at him. He gestured for someone to come in. "Can he stay here for a while? I still need to work upstairs. I can't look after him. All the maids are busy too."

I looked at my dad in disbelief. This is not the right time for babysitting. My 5-year old cousin, Yunhyeok, is standing right beside my dad right now. I mean I would but we need to study.

"Is it okay for you two?" My dad asked.

I looked at Ryujin who seems surprised. "Is it okay for you?" I asked her for confirmation.

"Yeah, sure. I think he brought toys with him." She replied. I sighed unnoticed and looked back at my dad and Yunhyeok.

"Sure, dad."

My dad looked down at Yunhyeok and gestured him to go to me. He ran to me excitedly and gave me a hug.

"I'm upstairs if you need something." We watched him leave the living room and walked up the stairs.

"Hey, Yunhyeok." I messed his hair.

"Hi, Beomgyu-hyung. What are you doing?" He asked and diverted his eyes to Ryujin beside me. "And who is she?"