ʕ17ʔ Comfort

Beomgyu

Another morning. I'm just sitting here at the couch watching Ryujin prepare her things for school. She looks really joyful today. I noticed that she woke up extra early as it is just 7 am in the morning now and she's already in her school uniform.

"You look happy today." I suddenly blurted.

She glanced at me. "You noticed?" She asked as I hummed in response.

"It's because." Ryujin set her bag aside and sat on her bed. "My dad is actually going home today. After school, we'll have a father-daughter hang out!" She exclaimed.

"Oh well, that's good to hear. That's why you look so excited." I replied.

"Yes, I've been waiting for this day to come again." She smiled and fixed her things again.

"Come on. We still have school." She brought her bag on the couch, the zipper is opened.

"Uhm."

"Why? What's wrong?" She crouched down to reach my level.

"I think I shouldn't come with you to school today." I said.

"And why is that?" She raised a brow at me.

"You should just focus on school today and have you and your father enjoy the rest of the day after class without worrying about anything. I don't want to be a bother."

"Are you sure? You are never a bother to me though." She spoke.

Wow. This is the first time I heard those words that's for me.

"Yes. I'll just stay here in your room. I promise." I raised my hand gesturing a promise.

I just want to give Ryujin time for herself even just for one day. Especially that she'll be with her dad, I don't want to intrude on such a special day for her. It's the least that I can do.

"Okay then, if you say so. You won't be bored here that much. But if you do get bored. You can just use my laptop there, I have books too." She brought her laptop on top of her bed as well as the books under the table as I just nodded.

"You need anything else?" She stood up and wore her bag.

"Nope. All good. Just enjoy this day, Ryujin." I replied to her as she smiled.

"I will. Thanks." Ryujin finally left and closed the door.

Now, what do I do with my life? Right! the laptop. I'll just go watch YouTube or something.

I climbed up the bed and opened her laptop. Well, this is harder to open than I thought.

Finally! I clicked the power on button and saw her desktop screen.

It was a picture of her with her dad when she was little. She must really love her dad so much despite being so away from each other.

Unlike me, whose dad is always there but I just chose to ignore him all the time. Now he's in Japan, he didn't even bother to tell me. He must've thought I don't care anyways sighs. But that's not entirely true.