ʕ19ʔ Warm

Beomgyu

"We are nearly done." Ryujin suddenly spoke.

8 pm. We are finally at home, Ryujin's room writing the letters. I am relieved that the letters are almost done so we can start delivering them. But I'm still bothered about something.

"10 left and we can start giving this away." She said and closed her pen.

I am itching to know about the thing earlier. I want to ask her at school earlier but she keeps on dodging the question. Maybe she can answer it now?

"Hey, you alright?" She waved her hand in front of me. "Why are you so quiet?"

"Oh um nothing." I replied and started closing the envelopes again.

"Is it still about the 'you're scared to go back.' ?" She blinked.

"Um actually no. Not that one." I said still not looking at her.

"Then why are you so quiet?" She gently removed the letters from my hands. "Beomgyu, what's wrong?"

Maybe I should really ask it now.

"I don't know how to ask this." I chuckled awkwardly. "But, remember earlier?"

"Earlier?"

"About what your friend Chaeryeong said."

She widens her eyes and nodded."Yeah? What about it?"

"Why did she say you would miss..." I stopped for a while. "Me?"

Ryujin

Oh no. This is bad.

I looked away at his question. Please this is so embarrassing. Beomgyu really heard it all.

"Earth to Shin Ryujin?" He spoke.

"Oh that. J-just don't mind her. She's just speaking nonsense." I said and opened the pen so I can start writing again. Don't ask furthermore, please.

"I don't think she is though." I saw him stood up from my peripheral vision.

"I know we don't talk at school when I was still a person. So I am very curious about why you would miss me. She is one of your closest friends after all. She wouldn't blurt it out of nowhere." He started approaching me.

Please no. Is this bear threatening me?

"Are you not telling me something?" I looked at him and saw him squinting his eyes.

"Um, what do you mean?" At this point, I'm just starting to act dumb.

"Aren't we friends?" He added. What an honor to be a friend of the school's famous bully. Well, he was.

"Yeah, we are friends." I answered looked at him

"Don't friends don't hide anything from each other?" He smirked.

Not a bear smirking. He looks so I don't even know how to explain. He looks weird smirking.

"You, Choi Beomgyu. I have friends too and I hid you from them. Friends don't need to know everything about each other. And stop with that face." I pointed at him.

"Do you perhaps have a crush-"

Oh hell no.

"Okay my friend, it's time for bed." I picked him up and placed him on the couch.

"I wasn't done talking!" He said and tried to get off my grip.

"Continue it tomorrow- No, forget about it and rest now. Goodnight you little nosy bear." I patted his head and was about to head back to my desk when he stopped me by holding my wrist.

"I'm not tired yet." He pouted.

That was cute.

"But I am." I spoke and removed his hands from my wrist but he put it back again.

"No." He shook his head.

"Yes."

"Nooo."

"Yesss.

"No.

"Yesss, Choi Beomgyu. Yes."

He wouldn't let go of my wrist. What is wrong with him?

"Do you want to get yeeted? If I move my arm, you'll fly." I spoke as he frowned and let go of my wrist.

"Fine, but it's so cold."

"You have a blanket." I pointed at his blanket.

"Since it's cold, I want something warm before I go to sleep." He hugged himself.

"Do you ever get cold?"

"Grrrr. Yes." He started rubbing his arms.

"So what do you want?"

"Something warm."

I faced palm myself. Should I just shoo him away here? He's getting on my nerves.

"Like what?"

"Goodnight, you are hella dense." He made himself comfortable on the couch and put the blanket over him.

"Huh?"

"Shh, I'm trying to sleep here." He said while his eyes are closed.

Me? Dense? What is he trying to say anyway? It doesn't mean we're friends, he can call me dense. Ugh, whatever.

"Goodnight, I guess." I rolled my eyes and went back to the table to fix the things we used.

I closed the lamp and plopped on my bed.

"Goodnight dense person." I heard him say from the couch.

"Why do you keep on calling me that?" I asked and turn my head in his direction.

"It's so cold. I want something warm." He turned to his other side and hugged himself.

"Goodnight nosy bear. I'm tired." I closed my eyes.

"So dense." I heard him whisper as I just ignored it.

Whatever he's trying to say, I don't get it and I'm tired so goodnight.