A What-if?

A Bear-tastrophy Universe where Beomgyu changed back to his human form in...the most unexpected time.

Beomgyu fluttered his eyes open as the usual white ceiling greeted him. He sat up from his couch and scanned the room when he could not see a glimpse of Ryujin anywhere.

He rubbed his eyes to adjust his vision and glanced at the clock, it's already 7:00 in the evening.

"She's still probably downstairs." He sighed and laid back down on the couch.

Beomgyu was not feeling well the day before for some unknown reason.
Ryujin decided to let him stay in her room and not bring him to school which he first did not agree at. But, Ryujin has to persuade him that he should take a rest.

He has been waiting for a whole day now for her, since he doesn't have anything to do. He's been reading, using her laptop for who knows how long since she left this morning. By the time she came home from school, she greeted him then immediately did her homeworks. Beomgyu did not disturb her so she can finish her work and she finally did.

"It was such a hassle. Chaeryeong literally did all the work because her groupmates left her." Ryujin exclaimed while talking about her day to Beomgyu.

"Be right back."

When the clock hit the evening, Ryujin was called by her mom for dinner so Beomgyu was again left alone in her room. 

He wouldn't admit it but he's dying to spend time with her but who is he to demand that?

Beomgyu released a breathed sigh, staring at the ceiling, thinking how long is this curse gonna last on him. Ryujin has been taking care of him nonstop and he felt grateful for that. But still, a little bit embarrassed.

Beomgyu rarely experience the feeling of being taken care of since he did not really experience much of such motherly love. His father on the other hand is always busy. So it was such a new feeling for him that someone is taking care of him, genuinely.

Adding to that, he never really had friends, considering how he acted before. Now, he has one.

This "curse", made him lose his human form, but he sure gained a person to look out for.

He smiled a bit thinking about this rare feeling. Ryujin has been a great friend to him. He promised himself that he will make it up to her once he goes back to his normal self.

"I'm here."

Beomgyu quickly looked at where the voice is coming from and saw Ryujin coming inside the room.

"You're back~" Beomgyu jumped off the couch and approached her while waving his hands.

Ryujin chuckled at his child-like behavior and sat on top of her bed before picking him up.

"You feeling better?" Ryujin placed him down on her bed.

Beomgyu nodded. "I already told you, I feel better. You should've just let me come to school." He crossed his arms at her.

"On Monday, I promise." She patted his head in which he just chuckled at.

"I'm just gonna change, and just like I promised, we will go to Hangang, hm?" Ryujin told him.

Ryujin promised him that if he rests, she will take him to Hangang. Beomgyu just did not think much of it and agreed.

Beomgyu shook his head. "Just rest, we can go tomorrow." He smiled.

"What? But, I promised you." She scrunched her forehead.

"It's okay. We still have tomorrow, Ryujin." He said. "Besides it's already dark outside."