ʕ24ʔ What if

Author

"Sooo...Why aren't we at home yet?" Beomgyu started.

They were again on the field. I guess we can say now that they usually stay there at free times.

"I just want to stay here a little longer." She answered. "Why? Should we go now?"

"No no, that's not what I meant." He waved his paws signaling a no while Ryujin just nodded.

"I already slipped the letters on their lockers. Does that mean we are done here?"

"Well, I guess so. Do you think they had seen it already?" He looked at her as she shrugged.

"I'm not sure but possibly."

He nodded and darted his eyes back to the field.

"Time flew by so fast." He exclaimed.

"I know. And that means you'll change back in no time." Ryujin looked at him as he looked back at her.

"Yep." He replied.

"So, what's the first time you want to do when you turn back?" Ryujin suddenly asked as she also faced him.

"Honestly, go to school wearing my school bag."

They both chuckled at the statement and continued.

"I would like to catch up with the lessons."

Ryujin gave him a proud nod. "That's good. You really should. You missed a lot."

"And the dance too." He added.

"Oh wait, right! I forgot that." She exclaimed. "I wonder what you look like dancing as a person."

She laughed as he did the same.

"We'll see. I have no idea too."

"I still can't believe we finish already," Ryujin spoke. "My hands were hurting for some time but all the hard work will pay off." She gave him a thumbs up.

"You think?"

"Of course! It will. Just be positive."

"Okay, I'll trust you." He said and nudged her. "By the way."

Ryujin raised a brow. "What is it?"

"I want to thank you." He spoke. "For everything, like really. I mean it Ryujin." He put his soft paws on his chest.

Ryujin smiled at his cute gesture. "No worries Beomgyu. I enjoyed every second of it. And that's what friends are for." She patted his head.

Beomgyu smiled. "I can't believe I have a friend."

"Believe it. I'm real." She giggled. "Besides, this is just a starting point. You'll make more friends."

"If they accept me." He sighed.

"They will Beomgyu. If not, then I'm here. One call away." She snickered. "That was kinda cheesy."