ʕ22ʔ Realizations

Ryujin

It has been an hour of me searching and I haven't stopped yet. There must be a reasonable explanation on why he left. He wouldn't just leave my room just like that and in that state?

"Beomgyu, where are you?" I stopped for a while to catch my breath. "It's getting so late and I still can't find you." I sighed and proceeded to run around the neighborhood again.

I can't just ask around for a bear. It wouldn't make sense. This is up to only me and no one else.

...

"Oh Ryu, Where did you go?"

I entered our house, panting. I tried to find him but I really can't. I already ran and look in every corner of our neighborhood but no luck. He couldn't just leave the neighborhood that fast.

"Out. I'm just trying to find something." I said.

"Your bear?" My mom asked as my eyes lit up.

"Yes! Do you know-"

"Someone went here earlier and returned it. They said they saw-"

I didn't get to hear the rest of my mom's sentence and quickly ran upstairs to my room. I opened the door and saw him sitting on my bed.

"Where the hell were you?!"

Author

"Where the hell were you?!" Ryujin's voice echoed through the walls of her room. She slammed the door shut and put her hands in her waist.

"Lower your voice. Your mom-"

"I don't care. Where were you earlier huh?!" Ryujin is obviously fuming mad.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes as Ryujin scoffed.

"Don't roll your eyes at me and answer my damn question." She seriously said.

"Out. I was out."

"And what were you doing out there? Did you know how much I looked for you out there? I searched every corner of this neighborhood." Ryujin breathe heavily.

"You didn't have to." Beomgyu averted his eyes.

"What were you doing out there Beomgyu? I need a reasonable explanation now." She said firmly.

"And what is that for you? Why do you care?" Beomgyu got annoyed and spoke those words out loud.

"Are you serious? Is that even a question?"

"Is it because you're afraid you won't finish your task?" Beomgyu stood up and looked at her directly. "Are you scared that you'll fail?"

"I don't normally say this Ryujin but yes I am anxious. I overthink things so much. For all the things you helped me with, I've always thought that you are just helping me because you are supposed to. We became friends because we need to be friends so we can communicate properly. You didn't choose to have me. Yes, I planned to leave and do things myself because I felt like I forcefully inserted myself in your life." He spoke with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"You are doubting me? Is that it?"

"I always liked being with you, I really enjoyed doing those letters with you. You bring me to school with you. And I like staying by your side. But I always wonder if you felt the same."