ʕ11ʔ Cold Morning

Beomgyu

It's already 10 am and Ryujin isn't awake yet. I'm staring at nothing for almost an hour now, waiting for her to wake up. I expected her to wake up at 8 am or 9 am but no. Is she still alive?

Should I wake her up? Yeah, let's do it.

I climbed up her bed and walked in front of her. Uh, why does she look odd? The blanket is wrapped around her whole body and her head. The only thing you can see is her face. I saw her shiver and move so I backed off.

I looked around the room and saw that her window was open. It's very cold today. The wind is blowing outside. I again looked at Ryujin who's bow curled up like a baby. Huh?

She's probably cold. I jumped out of the bed and used the improvised stairs made of books that Ryujin made that leads to the window.

Woah. This wind almost blew me away. I closed it immediately and went back to her bed.

"Wake up sleepy head." I shook her shoulders.

She groaned and curled up even more. Why is her face so red. What's wrong with her.

"Ryujin, hey it's already 10 am. You are sleeping too much." I shook her harder.

I held her forehead and what the hell? She's so hot- Uh NO WHAT I MEAN IS THAT SHE'S BURNING UP.

"Are you sick?" I asked her and she sniffed. I think she is. What am I gonna do?

Tell her mom? No one can hear me but Ryujin and I can't take care of her. Not in this body.

"Wake up Ryujin. You have to get up and tell your mom that you're sick." I told her.

"It's so cold." She muttered.

"I closed the window already."

"Come..on" I tried removing her blanket but it's no use. She's holding onto it so hard or I'm just weak? Whatever.

I jumped out of the bed and tried opening the door. I used a stack of books to reach the doorknob to get out of here.

Since she's sick, how are we gonna finish writing the letters now? I need her mom to let her know that her daughter is sick. She needs to feel better so we can start again.

I finally got out of the room and went to the stairs. Oh no, this is so high. But I can hear her mom cooking downstairs so what should I do? Uh using stairs to go downstairs will take time for me. Should I just let myself fall down?

Nah. I changed my mind I'm sure her mom will- AAHH!

I fell down the stairs. Ouch. I held my head and stopped quickly when I saw her mom looked at me.

"Why is this here?" Her mom picked me up.

"Ryu?" Yes! She's going upstairs.

"You're bear-" Her mom stopped when she almost tripped because of the books I used. Oops.

"Oh my god, Ryu? Are you okay?"

She placed me down on the couch and went on to check Ryujin.

Thanks to me.

...

Author

"Here, don't forget to drink your medicine." Ryujin's mom gave her water as she nodded.

"I won't."

"I'll just get you something to eat. You rest there." Her mom put the blanket over her and left the room.

"It's so cold." Ryujin said and wrapped the blanket around her body.

"Hey." Beomgyu greeted from the couch. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine." She said and closed her eyes.

"You look so red."

"Because it's so cold and I feel hot at the same time."

"You were shivering this morning-"

"Here you go." Her mom entered the room.

"Thanks, mom but I can go downstairs too. I don't want to bother you." Ryujin said and accepted the cookies.

"Don't worry about it. You are my daughter, you aren't a bother to me." Her mom smiled.

Ryujin looked at the bear on her couch and thought.

"Mom, how did you enter my room earlier?" She asked.

"I saw your bear downstairs actually. I brought it here upstairs because I thought you accidentally left it on the floor."

I don't remember bringing you downstairs last night.

"Your door was open so I thought of giving it back to you since I thought you were awake already but you weren't."

"Ohh." Ryujin stared at the bear on her couch. "You really went out of my room huh?"

Ryujin's mom stood up and took the bear to give it to Ryujin.

"Maybe it'll make you feel better." She put it beside her.

She took a quick look at it and thanked her mom.

"Thanks, mom."

Ryujin said as her mom left her room and closed the door.

"That was funny."

"What's funny?" Beomgyu asked.

"What were you doing downstairs? How did you get down there? Did you got attention from mom so she can check me?" Ryujin asked.

"In your dreams." He looked away. "Well yeah, since if you're sick no one can help me." He turned his back on her.

Ryujin gave a chuckle. "Still thank you. My mom never enters my room if the door is closed. If you weren't there, I would be shivering here all day." She said and closed her eyes.

"Alright. I'll take a nap. You don't leave this room okay?" She pointed at him. "And we'll start with the letters again later."

Beomgyu didn't reply and just shrugged.

"I'll take that as a yes." She said and closed her eyes.