ʕ16ʔ Companion

Author

School is done for Ryujin. Ryujin also taught some of the choreography to Beomgyu. Finally, Ryujin is now walking home with Beomgyu in her arms.

"You really walk home every day?" Beomgyu suddenly asked.

"Yes. Doesn't cost a thing. Besides, I like the wind at this time." She replied.

"How about we don't go home yet." He said that made Ryujin stop walking.

"What?"

"Let's go somewhere else. Like the park or something?"

"Uhm, sure." She looked at her wristwatch. "It's still early. Where should we go?"

"How about the Hangang River?"

"Hangang? Okay, sure!" Ryujin started walking again.

...

She placed down her things and sat down on the ground and placed Beomgyu beside her.

"Wow. It's so beautiful here." Ryujin said and took out her phone to take a photo.

"I know right." Beomgyu said.

chaeryeongie👁👄👁

chaeryeongie
👁👄👁

eyitsyeonjun
ooh who you with? 👀

liajisu
ryujin in hangang

taehyunkang
yall kinda right..

yejiddong
need company?

soob.innie
here you guys again 💀

"Why did you suddenly want to go here?" Ryujin asked as she put down her phone.

"I'm getting bored in your room." He replied not bothering to look at her while she just raised a brow.

"Kidding." He added and lightly chuckled.

"You miss going out, don't you?" She asked.

"Kind of."

"I don't blame you. Where I am is where you are too. School and home." She sighed.

"I missed going here." He spoke looking at the river in front of them. "I always go here every day. At this time in the afternoon."

"Oh really? I never knew you like this place so much."

"I really do. I know you're probably thinking that this is so unlike me. Am I right?" Beomgyu said and looked up at her.

"Well yeah.."

"It's alright." He said and looked at the river again with so much admiration.

"Wow. So this thing is what can make you smile." Ryujin suddenly blurted as she never saw this side of Beomgyu.

"This is a safe place." He replied. "So this is what it feels like not to be alone."

Beomgyu said that made Ryujin turn her head to him. He also looked back at her as he saw her confused face.

He chuckled at her face and explained. "This is my first time going here with someone."

Ryujin got his idea and made an "Ah" expression. "It must be sad to be alone here all the time."

"Eh, it depends. Sometimes I will rather be alone, sometimes I want to be with someone." Beomgyu shrugged.

"How about now?" Ryujin asked out of curiosity.

Beomgyu nodded. "Hm. It feels amazing to have someone beside me. This is the first time I actually ever felt that someone is beside me."

Ryujin smiled at him. "You know, I can be your companion all the time. I can take you here every day if that's what will make you smile. It's nice seeing you like this. You look so happy."

"I'm a stuffed bear." He spoke

"But you're still Beomgyu. It's cool to see you happy in this form. I can't imagine how amazing it would be when I see you happy in your human form. As I never really saw you smile."

Beomgyu gave her a smile. "You are so positive and nice to everyone. How can you do that?"

"It doesn't cost anything to be nice. Everyone can be nice and positive. I know that little heart of yours is a warm heart."

"Everyone in our school thinks that I have a cold heart-"

"I don't." Ryujin cut him off.

"I always believed that you don't actually have a cold heart. It's just that they haven't seen that side of you yet. But I have. You just have to prove it to them not just by letters, words, but also your actions."

"That's why I'm scared of going back." He again admitted. "I don't think they will accept me after all I did. I now regret all my actions Ryujin. I really do. Not just because I had this curse. But I realized how bad of a person I am and the numerous people I hurt. I always hated everyone without them doing anything bad to me. I hated people's presence. It annoyed me a lot and I don't even know why. And I want to change that. I want that Beomgyu from the past to be forgotten and be replaced by the Beomgyu now. I want to be just like you who's nice to everyone."

"They won't forget the Beomgyu of the past but will see you as the Beomgyu now. You don't compare yourself to other people Beomgyu. The only thing you should compare yourself is your past self as that will reflect all your actions. You will realize how much did you change and improve from the past until now. You'll look back and realize that 'I really did change.' and that thing will make you proud of yourself." She told him.

"And I'm here, I'll help you. I'll be here with you." She added.

"And I'll try my best." Beomgyu nodded.

Ryujin's heart melted from his words.
She thought that Beomgyu really is changing and it makes her happy. The start of something new is always the best. It's like sleeping tired at night and waking up to a beautiful morning.

"Ryujin." Beomgyu stood up as Ryujin looked at him.

"Hm?"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Choi Beomgyu." He smiled and handed his arms out for a handshake.

Ryujin smiled and took the handshake. "Nice to meet you Beomgyu. I'm Shin Ryujin."

When they both realize they haven't formally introduced themselves to each other. Hopefully, a start of something new called friendship.