four

the ride back to the reservation was done in silence. it normally was, but this time it was a different silence. usually they'd hold hands the whole way but this time octavia kept her hands in her lap. she leaned towards the window and stared outside, her eyes blurry with tears.

jacob fought to find the words to speak, he failed however. when they arrived home he parked the car and octavia left straight away.

she rushed to her bedroom, closing the door behind her gently so she didn't wake up billy but so jacob knew she was upset with him.

octavia tiredly took a shower and dressed into her pyjamas. she got into bed, tossing and turning for hours.

it had been a while since she had slept alone. she normally would chat with jacob for hours and eventually fall asleep in his arms.

octavia slept in her own bed because she didn't want to see jacob. she hated it whenever he got angry. it always sparked the fear that he'd grow so angry that he would run away again.

she sat up at around 2am, huffing. she still had not fallen asleep and was starting to get annoyed. she stood up and stretched before grabbing her phone and leaving her room.

nervously, she walked up to jacob's room. she knocked on the door after standing there for almost a minute. there was silence for a few seconds and she was about to turn around and leave until she heard a quiet 'come in.'

octavia took a deep breath before opening the door. she kept her eyes glued to the floor as she closed the door and silently climbed into jacob's bed.

the two said nothing to each other but jacob wrapped his arms around her and held her closely to his chest.

truthfully, she was scared. octavia hated seeing jacob angry because she knows that someone gets hurt when he does. when he is angry he can't control himself so he does things without thinking and it terrifies her.

she also knows that whenever he gets angry, he phases and she gets scared that he will run away and not comeback like last time. jacob always has to reassure her that he'll never leave but she still worries about it.

"i'm sorry." she whispered quietly. her voice was muffled because she was still hiding her face in his chest.

jacob frowned, rubbing her back under her shirt, "what do you need to be sorry for?" he asked, "you have not done anything wrong."

she shook her head, "i don't know." she sighed and pulled away, looking at him. her eyes were wet with tears. jacob was surprised and automatically hugged her tight.

"don't be upset, please ava." he pulled her on his lap and shook her in an attempt to stop her from crying.

"you scared me." she said through tears, "i don't like it when you get mad. the look you get in your eyes is scary."

jacob sighed quietly, "i didn't mean to scare you. i'm sorry ava, so sorry." he felt ashamed that he had scared her.

a while back, jacob accidentally phased when he was with ava. he missed hitting her by inches and had crushed a bench trying to miss her.

because of this, ava asked for him to be more careful with his anger. it worked most of the times. he would think of his happy space and it would calm him down immediately. he promised that he'd never get this angry again. he promised.

ava was his happy space. anytime he had gotten angry he would think about the imprinting vision he had of the two of them being on the beach, happy and in love. it always calmed him down except for this time.

jacob got ava to look at him. she had a smile on her face even though she was crying. he kissed away her tears which caused her to giggle.

"don't worry about it." she said quietly, "to be fair i do tend to overreact." she giggled again, wiping her eyes, "she wants to be friends."

"who is she?" jacob frowned.

octavia fiddled with the strings on jacob's shorts, "bella." she said finally. jacob looked genuinely surprised, "she said she was sorry and she didn't mean to fuck around with me and that she wanted to be friends."

"what the hell..." jacob said quiety.

ava nodded, "exactly what i was thinking." she closed her eyes, reliving the moment in her mind. "i don't know what to think. on one side, i'll have one less enemy which seems good. on the other side, bella was a bitch."

"ava,"

she frowned, "she was a bitch. she hurt your feelings and she played with you again and again. i don't like that, and on top of it she is just downright disrespectful."

"i know but," her frown grew bigger, "why don't you give her a chance?"

"what the hell jacob."

"hear me out." he said quickly, not wanting her to get annoyed, "i did the same thing to you, didn't i?"

"i'd rather not be reminded of it twice a day thank you very much." ava huffed and crossed her arms. her frown grew permenant, it was obvious that she was not pleased with jacob justifying her being friends with bella in the future.

jacob struggled on what to say, "i'm just saying maybe you should give her a chance. if it doesn't work out then you can definitely cut her out, but maybe you guys will be friends."

octavia thought to herself. "if i have to be friends with her then you have to be friends with edward."

"you can't be serious."

"i am serious." she smirked lightly. she was so certain that jacob would disagree to this deal.

jacob stared at her, mentally weighing the pros and cons. he cleared his throat, "fine. i will make up with edward, even though the things he said about you were out of order."

"i thought you were going to say no." octavia pouted. she snuggled into jacob, "what did he even say anyways?"

jacob took deep breaths in an attempt to calm himself, "he said he'd bite you and turn you." octavia's eye's widened, to be fair that was quite scary, "sorry, but i really wanted to kill him there."

octavia decided to ignore his last comment, switching the script, "i'd kinda love being a vampire. wouldn't it be so cool? we'd be a power couple too! a vampire and shapeshifter couple? oh my go-"

"you have to be joking." he cut her off.

she giggled, kissing him gently, "of course i am. you got to promise you'll attempt to become friends with edward."

"you have to promise me you won't hit bella again." he returned.

she pretended to think, "fine, pinky promise?" they hooked pinkies and he smiled, messing around with her hair and yawning.

"i love you ava."

"i know you do."