eighteen

octavia did not know where she was running to. she just kept running and running into the forest. she could barely see, it was dark and her eyes were full of tears. she stumbled left and right, tired, hungry and cold.

she felt a raindrop land on her hand and gasped, it was going to rain. she looked around her. nothing looked familiar. she was lost and it was about rain. she looked at her outfit. she was in jogger bottoms and jacob's shirt, this was definitely not going to save her from the rain.

for now, all she could do was hide under a tree, praying for that the rain would not come. of course, the universe ignored her. within the next few minutes, rain was pouring down like crazy. hiding under the tree did not help her in any way. she was getting quite cold and the rain was not helping her.

octavia cried loudly. her tears were getting mixed with the rain that was drenching her. she started shaking due to the cold of the night and the icy rain running down her whole body. she wept and wept until her vision got blurry.

"octavia?" a familiar voice called out. this person ran to her and held an umbrella over her, shielding her from the rain. her eyes were fluttering due to the cold, the heart ache and tiredness so she did not see whoever picked her up. instead, she hid her face in their rock hard chest. she cried as they took her home.

"it's okay," the voice belonged to a man and it was familar. this person was cold, physically, which was not helpful as octavia was already freezing, "i'll get you home soon. you'll be warm soon."

"no jacob," she whispered. she was falling asleep due to the cold.

the man laughed, "no jacob." he confirmed. she smiled, getting used to the cold and eventually allowed herself to close her eyes and tried to fall asleep.

octavia heard whispering voices all around her. there was a light shining on her and she was wrapped up in warm shirts. she held onto to the cold mans hand throughout the mess and when she was let down on the bed, she pulled herself to what she thought was jacob, falling asleep.

-

octavia opened her eyes. she reached her arm over, expecting to find jacob by her side. she sat up and frowned, looking around. she wasn't in her room and it wasn't jacob she was cuddling all night. it was a pillow with a hot water bottle inside.

she sighed, the memories of the night before suddenly hitting her like a bus. octavia stretched and got up. she cleaned up the room she slept in and shivered, she was freezing. octavia looked around and found a box full of clothes. she put on thick socks, a turtle neck and a hoodie. she was about to climb back into bad, too sad to do anything but was interrupted by a knock on her door.

"you awake?" she smiled at the voice, it was rosalie.

she walked over to the door and unlocked it, immediately hugging her best friend. rosalie didn't miss a beat and hugged the human back, not too tight, but perfectly. she rubbed her back and whispered encouraging words.

"i feel so shitty." octavia said when she pulled away. she wiped her eyes and pouted sadly. rosalie sighed and wrapped an arm around her waist, helping her downstairs to the kitchen.

"hey carlisle," octavia greeted him. he was cooking at the stove, watching a food network video on the tablet beside him.

he smiled at her quickly before returning to his food, "authentic british breakfast." he spoke when he was done. within seconds everything was plated and in front of octavia, "a fry-up, fried eggs, sausages, bacon, tomatoes and mushroom, baked beans and tea. enjoy!" he smiled at her, his teeth and skin glittering from the reflection of the sun.

octavia smiled widely, feeling grateful. "carlisle, there's no way i'm going to be able to finish this." she giggled.

"you've given carlisle a reason to use the kitchen again, so good luck with being able to eat everything." rosalie smiled at sat beside octavia, "how are you feeling?" she asked when carlisle gave them their privacy.

"okay, kind of." she sighed, eating her delicious breakfast, "i feel like i overreacted. like i know he doesn't like her but just knowing he's been lying to me this whole time." she huffed but stayed silent when emmett strolled into the room. she was also annoyed at him. she thought they were close enough to tell each other when something was up so until he apologised she was not speaking.

rosalie caught on immediately. she rolled her eyes and stood up, "look guys i don't want to be in the middle of your fight!" her voice was high-pitched in anger, "emmett, my husband; you were wrong for not telling octavia that jacob was lying to her." emmett tried to interrupted but rosalie hushed him, "octavia, my closest friend ever, my best friend; you have to understand that emmett did not want to get in between you two and did what he had to do." octavia scoffed, "so please can you work on your issues and keep me out of it." the blonde girl stormed out leaving emmett and octavia in the kitchen.

"octavia-"

"why didn't you tell me emmett?" she whispered, "i know you are closer to jacob, i know that i'm not stupid. i thought we were friends too, you're like a brother to me emmett. how could you?"

"i'm sorry octavia. i didn't want to hurt you, i know it is bad excuse but i'm sorry."

they stared at each other, saying nothing. she sighed, taking a bite of her breakfast, "it's okay." she eventually said, "we're okay."