ten

the sun peaked through the curtains at around 5am. bella was laying down on the couch, too exhausted to do any thing. she spent the night staring at her stomach in amazement. her stomach now had a tiny little bump, which meant whatever was in bella was growing fast.

carlisle and esme were upstairs in carlisle's library. they were researching legends and stories in his incredible books, dating back to when carlisle was a new-born. so far, they had found nothing useless but they were determined to not give up.

rosalie and emmett were glued to the computers in the living room. they had been scrolling for hours, trying to find something useful in helping bella. rosalie was a bit annoyed, being unable to find anything and often had to be calmed down by a relaxed emmett. he believed that bella was going to be fine as well as the baby, no matter what happened which helped rosalie relax.

jasper was working hard that whole night. not only was he researching legends through both books and the computers, but he was also working on keeping the mood calm. he worked mainly on bella, calming whatever was in her stomach and her too. it was harder to relax edward, but there'd be moments were edward would ease up for a few seconds.

alice was taking a break, everything was becoming harsh to her. at first she worked with esme and carlisle but eventually gave up as even thinking about bella and that thing in her gave her a horrible migraine. jasper could not calm her down but surprisingly, jacob did. so whenever she felt exhausted, alice sat beside jacob feet, her head resting on the couch and her eyes closed. other than that, she used her multilingual skills to translate carlisle's books and searched for anything to help.

jacob was using a random laptop he found in the house to research legends. he did this for around two hours before closing his laptop and talking to bella. he spoke about a lot of things, from their friendship, to what pulled them apart and octavia. bella thought it was cute how every time he spoke about her, his eyes would glitter. she must be really special because when jacob liked bella, he didn't sing her praises the way he did with ava.

when the sun shone into the room, bella's eyes automatically glued onto edward, who had his eyes closed. he was sitting far from bella and jacob. he barely helped during the night, which hurt bella's feelings incredibly. still, she stared at him.

she loved when the sun was on his skin. to her, his skin was like marble - hard, cold and it sparkled in the sun. he was a god to her and she felt honoured to be his goddess.

"i gotta go," jacob got up and stretched. he had to be home before octavia woke up or she'd be worried and would force information out of jacob somehow.

alice sighed, the headache was already starting to come back. jasper rushed to sit beside her. he held her in his arms and worked him hardest to make her feel better.

"when will you be back?" bella's croaked. rosalie came rushing with water, helping the pregnant girl hold the cup.

jacob sighed, there was no chance he'd be back until ava had fallen asleep in the night. "i'm not sure," alice's headache grew stronger, "i can't let ava know what's happening so i don't know when i'll be back."

emmett spoke, "why don't you just tell her what is happening?"

"because he doesn't know if that thing is dangerous." edward spoke for the first time that night. his voice was harsh and cold. bella felt her eyes watering, all she wanted was him to help her through this, "he doesn't want her involved if it means something bad."

"oh." bella looked down, her hands clenched in fists.

"anyways," jacob continued. "bye guys." he walked outside and a faint ripping sound echoed through the forest as he phased and ran home.

one by one, each of the cullen's returned to their rooms. alice was the first one. she whispered a sad apology to bella who gave a supporting smile back. she knew that alice was in pain so she gave her the green light to go.

jasper followed alice seconds later. he didn't look at bella, he didn't care for her that much. she was hard to keep calm so it annoyed him which made it harder to keep everyone else calm. he sped up to alice's room and lay in bad with her, humming to keep the peace.

emmett got restless and got up to leave as well. before he left, he kissed rosalie goodbye but he kept his distance from bella, freaking out by her ever-growing stomach. also, he agreed with edward - but in a less gruesome way. he saw bella as his sister, even though everyone hated her. they both had the same brother-sister relationship that he had with his siblings in his first life and he didn't want to lose that again which meant the 'baby' had to die.

however, he never said this. the only person who truely knew this was edward and since he suddenly had become mute, he did not say anything. emmett was in favour of keeping the 'baby' alive for rosalie. he knew that all she wanted was a baby and he felt horrible knowing he couldn't give her what he wanted as they were both immortal so if it meant she'd get her baby through bella, then that was what he wanted.

emmett made his way to the forest. he decided to hunt then hopefully visit jake on the reservation, if he was allowed. he could hear some bears deep in the centre. with a grin he let his natural instincts take over him and started to run. food was about to be good for the day.

so then it was just edward, bella and rosalie in the living room. bella swung her legs over on the floor, getting up. she whispered to rosalie that she needed help getting to the bathroom and rosalie immediately got up to help her. the blonde girl supported bella to the door. they were stopped by edward.

"can i talk to her?" he asked.

bella frowned and shook her head. as much as she did want to talk to him it was completely disrespectful for him to ignore her all night and then ask to speak. if he wanted to speak to her, he'd have to work to show her that he deserved too. husband or not.

rosalie pushed edward out of the way and continued to help bella to the bathroom. she helped bella on the seat and left the bathroom, closing the door behind her so bella still had some privacy.

even though bella tried her hardest to muffle her sobs, everybody heard, including her husband. and it broke his heart.