eleven

it took the wolf-boy only a few minutes to get home and when he did, jacob decided to shower before getting into bed, in octavia's shower because hers was better than his. he did this out of respect for the other wolves on the reservation in case any of them were awake as some were still not used to the vampire scent, especially the newer ones.

he sung to himself quietly, a habit he picked up from octavia. she would laugh at him whenever he did this, she was clearly the better singer of the two. he loved it whenever she sung for him but she was shy and whenever she realised he was listening she'd shut up immediately.

"jacob?" she said tiredly. she didn't sleep well because she didn't feel jacob so when the sound of her shower came in, she knew he was back and so she waddled there. it was 5.10am and so she decided to start her day earlier than usual so she grabbed her tooth brush and started to brush her teeth.

jacob smiled when he heard her voice. she hated her morning voice but he was obsessed with it. she naturally had a deeper voice but in the morning it raspy and it warmed jacob's heart, "hey ava, did you sleep well?"

she gargled and sighed, "no it was really cold." he could hear the pout on her face. "what happened? or did i just dream you were gone?"

jacob cursed in his head. she knew he wasn't in bed which meant she'd definitely have more questions. he bit his lip, rushing through his head on whether he should say he was on patrol for the night. this was something jacob did sometimes, in case a passing vampire came to see bella which put other vulnerable humans in danger.

it was too late though, he had been silent for too long which pushed ava to fill in the gaps on why he wasn't in bed, "don't tell me you and emmett stayed up all night playing video games." this had happened more than once and octavia was never pleased when it did since it meant jacob did not sleep, "i tell you all the time, emmett doesn't need sleep. you do."

jacob let out a forced laugh, "i'm sorry." he switched off the shower and grabbed his towel, wrapping it around his waist and getting out. he smiled at ava who rolled her eyes, pretending to be mad, "how can i make it up to you?" he whispered in her ear with a smirk.

she blushed. the warmth from his check reflected onto hers and she got all giddy. he looked at her properly and thought about what to respond with. she ended up deciding to flip the situation upon him, "nothing." she smirked causing his smirk to drop, "nothing at all."

jacob shook his head, pushing her against the counter before picking her up and putting her on the sink. she giggled and immediately snaked her arms and legs around him, bringing him close.

he asked her once more, "how can i make it up to you?"

this time she spoke what her heart and her head were practically screaming at her. "kiss me."

"that's what i thought." octavia's heart skipped a beat whenever he spoke to her like this. he leaned in slowly, the water droplets from his hair getting in hers. the leaning in part was taking too long for ava so she practically lunged at him.

and just like that, they were kissing with passion and eagerness. lips on lips, tongue against tongue, hearts beating as on - they both let out mountains of frustration against each other.

adrenaline rushed through jacob's body. kissing ava reminded him of his days running through the forest. his blood pounded in his ears and he felt his knees getting weak so he held her waist tighter which caused her to gasp quietly. that drove jacob insane.

octavia's hands were tugging against jacob's hair in an attempt to bring him closer. the wetness of his chest soaked her shirt and made it slightly see-through but she didn't care. when she gasped, jacob took his opportunity to slip his tongue into her mouth causing her to pull him even closer and hold back a groan.

then the kiss softened. jacob was slightly worried that he had forced her into the kiss but he was reassured when ava pulled away with a large grin. the fire, passion and joy in her eyes was like a magnet and before jacob even knew it, he was kissing her again.

this kiss was different to their last heated kiss. this one was short and consisted of pecks, with jacob saying he loved her before pulling in again.

"i love you." he whispered.

she laughed, "i love you more." she kissed his cheek once and off the counter. he pretended to be busy when she stripped out of her pyjamas and got into the shower, "so, what's the plan for today?" she asked as she shampooed her hair.

jacob shrugged, brushing his teeth, "well first i'd like to catch up on the sleep i missed then i'm up for anything."

"oh yeah." she hummed, "i'm gonna have to talk to emmett and tell him that this isn't working out anymore." she said cheekily. jacob could hear her grin, "can you play music on my phone?"

"of course." he shuffled her music and quickly texted emmett from his own phone, updating him on the plan.

emmett: how long do you seriously plan on keeping this from her?
emmett: she's a smart girl, she'll figure you out in seconds

jacob: i'll cross that bridge when it comes to it
jacob: and hopefully then bella will be normal

"you tell me everything right? no lies but only the truth?" octavia said out of the blue. at this point jacob was already dressed and was sitting on the stool in the bathroom.

jacob thought he was over, "of course." he lied, "why?"

there was silence from octavia's end. she turned off the shower and wrapped herself in a towel. she got out and smiled at him, sitting on his lap.

"no reason, just curious."

jacob smiled at her, holding her close to his chest. he rocked her gently and listened quietly to her humming. he got up and held her, taking her to her bed. he lay down and she moved around getting curious.

"aren't i getting you all wet?" she asked him.

he laughed, "yeah but don't worry about it." he pulled the towel off her hair, "it's nice like this."

octavia shook her head, she got up and tightened the towel around her. she looked through her clothes and grabbed one of jacob's hoodies and her own jogger bottoms. once she was dressed she grabbed her comb and sat next to jacob.

"want me to comb it?" he offered. he was laying down, under the covers and practically half asleep.

"don't worry about it." she kissed his cheek softly. she turned off the light and sat at her desk, "sleep well jacob."

he was already asleep.