five

the next week consisted of jacob and octavia getting down with school and finishing their last series of exams. the two of them were seniors and they were pretty excited for college.

it was always a hard conversation since jacob knew he could not give up alpha yet as seth was not ready to lead the pack. jacob told her that they'd go to community college together and he'd move out with her to stanford, so he honestly didn't know what to do.

octavia swore she did not mind if jacob stayed home and did not go to college. she knew it wasn't for everyone and that he already had a life in the reservation.

jacob, however, did not want to be left behind. he wanted to go and follow her so he could experience life with ava. he did not care how, but he'd make it work.

he'd never admit to her but he did want to go to college to learn too. he loved fixing scrap cars, motorcycles and more so majoring engineering was definitely something he was excited for.

graduation.

"my little sister, all grown up." sam was wiping fake tears.

the day was finally here. all the tears, all the sleepless nights, all the pep rallies and football games led up to this final moment. graduation.

"you can stop the theatrics." octavia laughed, nudging sam, "now pose." she ordered, posing with her brother.

they were at forks high school, waiting for jacob and the others to arrive. sam and octavia left early that morning, going to get some taco bell. it was something they did with their father whenever they were together when he wasn't in a mood or out and about. they loved their father even though he was a horrible man who put on terrible amount of stress on their mothers, resulting in heaps of childhood trauma for the two; but they loved him.

"there they are, finally." cars were pulling up now, both from the reservation and other people who attended the school. octavia's eyes wandered around, trying to find the car jacob was in. when she did, she smiled happily.

she hadn't seen his outfit since she left early so when he got out the car, she grinned. he was wearing black trousers with suede shoes and a white shirt with a blue tie. the robes this year were black and caps unfortunately weren't allowed to be decorated.

"you look beautiful." jacob whispered, leaning down and kissing her quicky.

she giggled, spinning around happily, "we're graduates!"

"we are!" he said in the same happy tone, leaning in to kiss her cheek, "seriously, you look beautiful." octavia flushed, fixing her dress. she was wearing a red dress that stopped around mid-thigh. it was a tight fit dress and her shoes were black, matching the cap and the black gown. her hair grew long over the year and she kept it out straight for this day, nothing too fancy, "what d'ya say we ditch this thing and find someplace to-"

"don't you dare!" sam gently pushed jacob before the whole group walked over to where the family sat.

ava laughed, kissing jacob's cheek before fixing his tie, "come on cutie, we gotta go sit down." she held his hand and starting pulling him to where everybody sat.

"noooo," he groaned, "i'm jacob black, you're octavia uley. b and u. i'm at the front and you're at the end." he pulled her back, wrapping his arms around her so she couldn't move. she giggled, dancing and messy around with jacob, "before you become a doctor, will you be mrs black?"

"doctor uley or doctor black?" she hummed, "haven't decided." she winked and slipped out his grip, heading to her seat, "happy graduation!"

"you're crazy."