sixteen

"i'm back!" she walked into her room tiredly. she flopped onto the bed and stretched into a starfish. she had spent her day in the library, going over things for stanford. she had checked over her emails, confirming that she was still attending their taster days.

"how was your day?" jacob got up from his desk and sat beside ava. he rubbed her back, massaging her shoulders. there was no response so he bent down and kissed the back of her shoulders.

"it was alright." she sat up and stretched, "the library chairs are so uncomfortable though, and my back is killing me. i think i'm gonna go take a bath."

"want me to run it for you?" she didn't even have to reply because he was already going to her bathroom. he played music on his phone, singing along as he ran her a bath. he added in her favourite bubbles and made it the way she liked it.

octavia waddled over to jacob, her arms wrapping around the back of his waist. he laughed and fixed up the bath nicely before pulling her around in front of him. he smiled and leaned in, kissing her lips softly. she smiled clumsily against his lips and pulled away after a decent amount of time.

"let me know when i can come back in."

"you're gonna stay in here with me?"

"of course." he grinned cheekily.

"i like clingy jacob." she called after him when he left the bathroom. octavia undressed and threw her clothes in the laundry basket. she tied her hair into a high bun before slipping into the bath. she covered herself under the bubbles then called for her boyfriend.

jacob came into the bathroom with a wide smile. he sat on the stool beside the bath and winked at ava who blushed profusely.

"you're so silly." he hummed, "you look so pretty though."

the red on her cheeks only got redder, "pretty while i'm in the bath? you think too highly of me." she played around with bubbles.

jacob stared at her silently and left to grab something from her bedroom. he came back with a satin circle-box coloured in yellow with a coral bow. octavia stared at him in curiosity, sitting up but still making sure the bubbles covered her decently.

"i bought this box when we got together," he looked at her shyly, "the first time. at first it consisted of letters i wrote for you whenever i was feeling down then when you gifted me that polaroid camera for no apparent reason i decided to do something new." he paused to open the box, "i take polaroids of you whenever you aren't looking-"

"creepy." she joked, wanting to relax his nerves.

it worked because he smiled at her happily, his eyes were tiny crescent moons and his mouth was heart shaped, "i was going to leave this for our anniversary but i realised today that i want you to have this now. cause i love you, so much. more than you think or believe. you are my everything ava, seriously i am blessed to be in love with you and i don't want anybody but you."

jacob's eyes flickered to her then back to the box. he was too shy to look her in the eye as he spoke, "i wrote the date on every polaroid and what we were doing." octavia wiped her hand dry on the towel and gestured to take a polaroid. jacob smiled at her and let her take one.

she closed her eyes when she picked it up. she held the polaroid away from the bath so she didn't accidentally drop it, "spring break." she giggled. the two had no plans for spring seeing as rosalie and emmett where heading up north to canada to catch bears out of hibernation. so one night they decided to spontaneously drive to vancouver, canada. they stayed at a hotel for a week and did a lot of sight seeing.

they did a lot of nature-related things like strolls in the park, picnics and even went whale watching. their evenings ended with either eating in hotel hall or at a winery. since the drinking age in canada was only 18, they were legally were allowed to drink but octavia stayed away from the alcohol. it was their first trip as the two of them and so they wanted to make the most memories.

"i took loads from that week." he smiled, taking back the polaroid and showing her the stack from their little holiday. "i'm surprised you didn't notice. i thought you were a little bit more observing." he showed her a polaroid of her walking ahead of him, her hand behind her and holding jacob's.

"how did i not notice?" she giggled as she watched him go through all the polaroids, "must've been blinded by your beautiful eyes." she winked, teasing him.

jacob blushed and put down the box, "is it okay if i take a photo of you now?" he asked shyly, "nobody else is going to see these. it's only for us."

octavia thought to herself. she trusted him well enough to believe he wouldn't show anyone so she nodded. she double checked that the bubbles were still hiding her then posed. jacob smiled happily and took a photo of her. he winked at her while waiting for the ink to dry and she smiled widely, holding back a yawn.

jacob noticed though, "you ready for bed?" he shook the polaroid. she nodded and reached for the towel. he pretended to be preoccupied when she got out of the bath. she wrapped the towel around her and started to brush her teeth. jacob stood beside her and put the polaroid on the counter.

she giggled and started at it, "i look funny." she smiled cutely and put away her tooth brush. she tightened the towel around her and held the polaroid, taking a picture of jacob looking through the box. once she took it, she wrote the date and what they were doing before handing it to jacob, "it's alright if i start taking pictures too?"

he nodded, kissing her forehead, "more than alright."