[9] bon voyage 1

edited: ✔

The girls practised hard for the performance; Yoon choreographed the dance break. After school, when they arrived home, Sumin cooked a simple lunch.

After having the ramen Sumin cooked, the former and Isa went to the rooftop terrace to do their work. The other girls finished their work, but the duo had a few more to do since they took additional subjects. To not be distracted by the girls' screaming and shouting was impossible. Hence, the trip up to the rooftop.

They set down their work on the glass table and sat on the rattan chairs. Isa's and Sumin's phones buzzed in unison, causing them to put their pens down and look at each other. They took out their phones, and it was a notification from the school. There was an upcoming overseas trip to Japan, which was a week after their performance. They scrolled down to find more information, and in the attachment, they saw the groupings.

Both of their eyes widened in unison. The six of them were joining some of the boys from class 3-1, Haruto's group. These only-would-happen-in-fanfictions situations.

They sighed in unison. It was going to be a long-ass ride. They put their phone away and continued doing their homework. When they finished, the duo hurried down to their apartment. Yeeun was chasing Seeun until she saw the two girls appear at the door, and their faces looked uneasy.

"What happened? Your expression is a mix of surprise and amusement."

"We're going on an overseas trip to Japan with those schwarzeneggers." Isa showed them the school notification.

"At least we still have Miya and Seoryoung," Seeun said, taking Isa's phone to examine the groupings.

"Anyway, let's do a few more practices. Tomorrow's the performance," Sumin hurried the girls into the makeshift practice room.

 Tomorrow's the performance," Sumin hurried the girls into the makeshift practice room

Screaming and shouting were heard backstage. The girls were getting ready for their performance. When it was their cue to head to the stage, They gave a group hug before moving to the stage. As soon as they stepped on the podium, everyone instantly became quiet. The audience watched every movement they made, like when they were getting into their formations. The music started, and when the intro came, it gave everyone shivers down the spine. The rousing chorus of cheering got louder and louder, and when Sieun did a stunt, everyone gasped.

Suddenly, the music stopped. Everyone looked at each other, confused. They anxiously watched the girls move into another formation, wondering how they were calm. Then, when the beat dropped, everyone realised. They started their dance break, making sharp and powerful moves that made everyone's eyes stuck towards the stage. This time, the cheering became the loudest, ear-piercing cheers. Soon, the performance came to an end. They went down the stage, and the students made way for them to go, clapping hands and cheering for them. Half of the girls went to enjoy the carnival games and booth while the three student leaders oversaw the whole carnival.