[22] tamed-dashed

special thanks to elmooohyun_ the jake to my heeseung <333 she helped me to find an idea for this chapter!

edited: ✔️

Not bad means bad but bad means good.

Heard this before? Chaelin from 2NE1 once said that.

What is good, and what is bad? Is, bad to take revenge upon someone that hurt, or killed your loved ones? Or is it something labelled as, in fact, good?

Should I be tamed?

Flash of desire enchanting me
Dreams beautiful,and grotesque;
Keep changing shape
Oh, twisted and tangled,
A dilemma of choice within dimensions
Taking a step
Makes me afraid;
I hate to be or not

Does the word "tamed" in the song mean controlled? It should be, right? Unless they were thinking if they should be enslaved, which is, supposedly out of context.

Unless...

"Dreams beautiful, and grotesque."

Grotesque means ugly, hideous. Do these lyrics match how the characters feel? Especially Irene, was she thinking if she should stay quiet and under control? Not speak up to the world about how she lost her sister Suzy?

She did.

Remember what she told Cheng Xiao? That a druglord killed her sister? Right after the killing, when she stayed up without eating or drinking, whenever someone came to her asking if she was well, she would say that she was okay, and was not hungry. The druglord knew what she was going to do, you can say that what Irene did was what the druglord expected her to do.

She dreamed that her sister was with her. She wanted to stay with her until the end.

And she dreamed that she could kill the druglord. Makes sense?

No? Then make it make sense.

A dilemma of choice within dimensions
Taking a step
Makes me afraid;
I hate to be or not

Then, what do the lyrics above mean? Irene told Cheng Xiao that Mr Lee went to find her. Considering that in this book there aren't dimensions(unless you wanna count my old book- we don't speak of that anymore), we can remove that part. But, "a dilemma of choice", could have meant that Irene was choosing to become an agent or not. Should she continue to stay mum and not do anything, or become an agent to stop future incidents— like what she went through— happen again?

She chose to be an agent. The first step.

So we're about to take our first step towards the new world.
This one step will change everything

They, or rather, TREASURE, say that the first step starts, with something. Everything? What did she start? What did she change? A world? A career? A legacy?