[8] friendly

edited: ✔

Today was a Monday, and the girls arrived at their school in Sumin's car as they were still tired from yesterday. They walked to their classroom, greeting their classmates while entering the classroom. Yeeun walked towards her table and took off her bag. As she grabbed her water bottle to drink, her phone started buzzing in her pocket. She reached for her phone, and when she looked at the caller, it was a stranger.

"Hello?" Yeeun asked, placing to phone beside her ear. She heard a vague "oh shit" before the call hung up. She tilted her head in confusion and looked at the caller ID. She went to her frequently-used messaging platform and checked if the number was registered.

"ruru?" Yeeun mumbled as she looked at the user. She scrolled up to see the profile picture. It was a  hand-drawn picture of three marshmallows in a cup of hot chocolate. She pondered for a while and took another sip of her water. It was a minute later when she looked at the phone again.

"Ah, it belongs to Haruto" She shrugged, placing her bottle down.

You
you gotta explain how did you get this number

ruru
i just wanted to uhh...

apologise? [seen]

Yeeun sighed. She isn't going to forgive him this easily, over text, when he made her go through so much. Plus, he was apologising to the wrong person.

"Since our school's 50th anniversary is near, a performance will be held. Isa, Sumin, Seeun, Sieun, Yoon and Yeeun will perform. After school, stay back so I can brief you about it." The girls looked at each other. A dance performance? And why are Isa, Seeun and Yeeun involved? Don't they have an event to organise already?

After school, they stayed back so that Mr Im could brief them about it.

"So, you will have to choose a song and practice the choreography. After you have chosen the song, inform me. Oh, and Isa, Seeun and Yeeun, are you okay with this? I know that you have to run the project," Mr Im said, and the three girls thought about it for a while and nodded. "Okay, now you can leave." The girls said goodbye to their teacher and left school. When the girls reached home, they decided to plan the performance.

"Okay, so what are y'all thinking?" Isa asked.

"I was thinking of a girl crush-ish theme," Seeun said. The girls took out their phones and discussed suitable music and dance. Yeeun thought for a while, and suddenly an idea bulb ring-ding-donged in her head.

"What about...First by Everglow?" Yeeun said. The girls nodded and went to search the choreography. It suited them. The girls quickly went to their makeshift practice room to learn the song's choreography. But inside them, they felt that something was missing. Something spicy to kick off the celebrations.

Evening came, and Sumin decided to buy dinner for them at a nearby restaurant

Evening came, and Sumin decided to buy dinner for them at a nearby restaurant. She stepped into the restaurant. The place was cosy with a warm atmosphere, with vintage-themed furniture that completed the look. She placed her order and went to find a seat down to wait for the food. Since it was dinnertime, most of the seats were already packed, some people looked like they came from the offices nearby, and some were with their families. She scanned for a seat around her and saw Hongjoong having his food at the restaurant's corner. She moved towards him and asked if she could sit there for a while since she was waiting for the food.

"So, is STAYC going to dance for the competition?" Hongjoong asked. Sumin nodded. "We decided to dance to First by Everglow."

"It's a nice choice," Hongjoong said and continued eating. She scrunched up her nose.

"But the thing is, we felt that we should spice things up, but we don't know how to," Sumin said. Hongjoong placed his fork and spoon on the plate of food.

"I think I know how."

"How?"

"I have a remix, just a dance break version in my drafts. Do you want me to send it to you?"

"Sure! That would help us a lot." Hongjoong sent her the audio of the song. When she listened to the dance break, she felt that the dance break added more spice. "Thanks! Do you produce songs?" Sumin asked. He nodded. "You really should produce more. Who knows, one day you might produce a hit song." Hongjoong smiled. "Thanks, since no one has ever said anything good about me producing songs. They always tell me to focus on my studies."

"Nah, you should ignore them. As long as you balance your hobbies and study," They continued to sit in comfortable silence. A bell was rung as Sumin's order number was called out. "Oh, I have to go. See you!" Sumin waved to Hongjoong and picked up her food. With quick steps, she walked towards her home, tapping the reader to unlock the gate that leads to the apartment complex. She finally reached home and placed the food aside.

"Guys, long story short, I methongjoongandhegavemethisaudioforourdanceperformance," Sumin said in one breath. Isa furrowed her eyebrows and said, "In English, please." Yoon frowned.

"I met Hongjoong, and he gave me this audio for our dance performance," Sumin repeated. "Let's go and listen first before we eat, shall we?"

 "Let's go and listen first before we eat, shall we?"