[37] danger

edited:

The girls entered the hospital located on the outskirts of Seoul and quickly found the ward Oh Sehun was in. It was a private room at the end of the corridor, on the 8th level. They stopped in front of the door. Sumin knocked twice before opening the door to find a fully awake Sehun.

"Glad that you all are here today," he said coolly, gesturing to the chairs beside him. The girls went to sit there, but there were not enough seats, so Yoon and Sieun stood while the others sat.

"You sounded like you were awaiting our arrival," Isa remarked. Sehun nodded weakly, trying to sit up on his bed. Yeeun helped him to sit up and adjusted the bed's backrest with the remote control.

"I'm already half fifty, and with my hip onwards being paralyzed, I can't get out of my bed without help and trouble," Sehun chuckled, taking the glass of water on the bedside table before sipping on it.

His eyes landed on Seeun, who sat beside him, and confusion and shock were written on his face. The six members looked at him intently. He took her hands and let out a sigh of relief

"My goodness...you survived."

NORWAY, 2009

NORWAY, 2009.

Sehun's hands were sweaty on the steering wheel. The roads of Norway were unknown to him- it was his first time there. He drove through the long winding road with only one goal in mind: to get the disk to the safe house. He stomped on the gas pedal, and the car speeded northbound.

He glanced at the rear mirror and felt that something was odd. 

Two SUVs were tailing his cars.

And this was when he knew that something was wrong.

Someone emerged from the roof of one of the SUVs, along with a sniper. The person fired a shot, and it punctured his wheel. Sehun quickly attempted to steer out of danger's way, but his attempts were useless. The car flipped over multiple times and knocked down another car before both cars were tumbling down a cliff. Deafening crashes were heard before it was silent. 

Sehun tried to escape from the upside-down car, but he could not. There was a deep gash on his head, and he could not feel his legs. The crunch of gravel was heard, and the sight of boots entered Sehun's field of view.

"Better luck next time, eh?" The person bent down, took the disk from his car, and walked away.

Hair in the shade of royal blue.

Sehun turned his head around and saw another car. It was lying sideways, and the sight made him feel guilty.

Parents with their two children. The father and mother were dead, blood oozing from their heads. The daughter was unconscious, while the brother was writhing in the small space, trying to get out of the car.

Sehun tried to call him, but it came out as a croak.

The boy started yelling for help, tears streaking down his rosy cheeks.

Before Sehun could do anything, he lost consciousness.

"I remember you...you were the girl who was unconscious in the accident..." Sehun trailed off. A tear slowly fell from Seeun's eye. 

"I was going to take custody of both of you, but I fell into a coma for months and woke up paralyzed," Sehun said, rubbing his eyes. Seeun just nodded.

"I'm okay now. I found my brother," Seeun whispered, wiping the tear away.

"The group that ambushed me was the Mavericks. Stray Kids assigned them to take me down," Sehun spoke. He pulled some of his files out from the vault beneath the nightstand. Before he could speak, Yoon's phone rang. 

"It's Hyunjun." She took it out and answered the call, putting it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hello, Yoon." It wasn't Hyunjun's voice.

The six looked at each other.

We're doomed.

"I'll cut to the chase. Bring the disk to a rendezvous point, or Hyunjun dies, and we hunt you down," Lee Chan spoke.

"You don't want him dead, right? Then bring it." The call ended. "Conduct a profile search on him now," Sehun instructed them. Sumin pulled out her laptop and typed a few characters before a beeping sound was heard.

"They're disavowed..." She turned the laptop to face the others.

"Hyunjun probably trusted them, but now they've gone rogue," Isa groaned. They didn't want another problem to surface.

"We have to go find him. Now," Sieun urgently said.

"Before you all go, here's something. It might help you. It was my second last mission." Sehun handed over a file.

"Remember, trust no one outside your circle."