[29] lee juyeon

edited: ✔️

"Yoon, you said that Juyeon will be participating in a drift race this evening, right?" Isa asked, speeding through the empty expressway tunnel, with only two cars, at dawn. Yoon nodded, watching the inside walls of the tunnel go by at the speed of a hundred kilometres per hour. As they gradually surface out of the tunnel, Yoon continued staring out of the window, the car speeding past tall apartment buildings and offices at a now slower speed. She took her phone as it buzzed. A text message by Hyunjun.

"Isa, Hyunjun just sent me the place of the race." Isa glanced at Yoon through the rear mirror. "Nice, forward it to our group chat, so the other three can see." Isa stole another glance at the side mirror, watching Sumin's car behind her. Yoon immediately forwarded the text to the group chat and placed the phone into her crossbody bag, when the familiar tall building started coming into view as Isa drove towards the entrance of the basement carpark. It was still early, so most of the agents were not working yet, but only some rooms on the upper levels were lit, and the staircase landings of each level were lit with sconces.

 It was still early, so most of the agents were not working yet, but only some rooms on the upper levels were lit, and the staircase landings of each level were lit with sconces

"Forty-five minutes to twenty-hundred hours, let's do the final test!" Yoon announced, restarting the 3D modelling app. Seeun, Sumin and Sieun made the finishing touches to the glove and the scanner, giving the pair of racing gloves to Yeeun. She slipped the pair of gloves on and nodded at Isa, who hit the "enter" key on her laptop. Yeeun shook Sieun's right hand, before repeating the same actions on the latter's left hand. Isa processed the fingerprints and transferred the data to Yoon. Yoon typed in some codes and soon, the 3D modelling machine near them got to work. Sumin removed the two faux fingers and placed them onto the scanner. Sumin removed the models when the scanner beeped, and the girls walked to the desktop beside the scanner. Sumin hovered the mouse over the "check results" button and clicked it.

"Ninety-nine per cent accurate," Isa said, satisfied. "Great job everyone. Now, for the real mission. Let's go." Yeeun took the gloves and placed them in her handbag, before taking the leather jacket laying on her seat. She wore it over her graphic tee and wore high-heeled boots that made a clunking sound on every step she took.

"Oh yeah, Yeeun. Take this. Sumin and I installed a hidden camera in the hinges of the shades, so if you need help we can view what's going on through here." Isa placed the orange-tinted shades on Yeeun's head. "I adjusted the camera so that it can look straight when the shades are on this position."

"Thanks, Isa-ya." Yeeun smiled and waved at the girls as she took her shoulder bag and went out. She took the lift to the first level and went out. She walked towards the company garage where they kept all kinds of vehicles. That morning, she chose her car, the Acura NSX 2021.

Yeeun walked out of the lift and turned right, walked past the concierge, turned right to a corridor and walked towards the end of it. She stopped in front of a wooden door and pushed the door open to a glass door. She tapped her pass on the reader beside and the door slid open, revealing a long, marble aisle with a variety of cars lined up beside the aisle. Spotlights that were installed along the aisle were lit up, and they flashed blue in colour. She fished for the car key in her handbag, before pressing on the unlock button. The headlights of one of the cars on the left blinked; it was in a royal blue colour. Yeeun walked towards it and sat in the driver's seat.

She started the car and drove it onto the aisle. She turned the car to the exit on the left—it connected the main road to the outside of the building— and the gates automatically opened.

The place was bustling with people who were racers, but also spectators

The place was bustling with people who were racers, but also spectators. A variety of cars were parked behind the start line, and the number of people there gave Yeeun a headache. She adjusted her hidden earpiece by untucking her hair, making sure that it was out of sight.

"Yeeun, can you hear me? If you can, say zimzalabim." Yeeun's eyebrows furrowed at Seeun's words. "Zimzalabim?"

"Okay, the earpiece is good to go. Now find Juyeon." Yeeun turned on the multimedia system of the car and checked the document once again. Ash blond hair. She turned it off and lowered the car window.

Ash blond, ash blond, ash blond. Wait, is that him?"

A tall man with ash-blond hair stood out from the crowd. The first reason was his height. The second was his hair. The third was his outfit, a sleeveless Vetements shirt with leather pants and black leather boots. His aura screamed "arrogant", "handsome" and "professional street racer". He had the neck collar on.

"Fifteen minutes to the race!" The host said through the microphone, amplifying his voice ten times louder. Yeeun secretly slipped the modified gloves on her and went out of the car, slamming the door shut. She walked towards him, high-heeled boots clunking when they came into contact with the asphalt. Yeeun's overall look also made her look like a professional street racer; the leather jacket and jeans, the shades on her head, the boots and the glove. "Isa, I'm walking towards him," she muttered through the earpiece. "Noted, starting the scanner."

"Nice to meet you. I'm participating in the race too." Yeeun held out a hand. Juyeon looked at Yeeun with amusement. He was going to shake her hand until he hesitated.

"You already have your gloves on?" Oh, fuck. She thought. Yeeun could hear audible swearing from more than one person in the earpiece. Yeeun nodded, keeping her poker face expression on.

"I see, you're keen on racing," Juyeon chuckled and she gave him an attractive smile that didn't reach her eyes. He shook hands with Yeeun with his left hand. Well damn, luckily Seeun and Sumin installed scanners on both hands. "Done," Yoon said through the earpiece, now processing the thumbprint.

He glanced at his watch. "Well, there's about ten minutes left, see you on the track," Juyeon said and raised his hand to leave. Yeeun gave him another cold smile and turned around to walk towards her car. She made a relieved expression once she was out his line of sight.

The memory of a car flipping over flashed through her mind, but she ignored it.

"Well, that was one hell of a rollercoaster ride."

"Mhm. The model is successfully printed, so now, go get that collar," Seeun said.

 The model is successfully printed, so now, go get that collar," Seeun said