[24] hangout

edited: ✔

A terrifying memory she thought she didn't have.

A nearby explosion broke the sides of the cliff, and the impact cause a car driving there to flip over and tumble down the sloping cliff.

A car accident. That was all she recalled. What is wrong with her memory?

Sumin came out after a minute, so the latter locked the door and the boys went into the other lift since they wanted to get something, so the girls went down to the apartment lobby first. As the lift descended, Isa told the girls about the hangout and they were looking forward to it. The girls reached the ground level and walked out to sit on the couches that were decorated. The lift doors opened to reveal Asahi pushing out his bike, and Mashiho, Yoshi, Hyunsuk and Haruto with their skateboards. The girls got up and the twelve walked to the Han River Park, which was near their apartment complex. When they reached there, the six girls, with Jeongwoo, rented some bicycles, except that Sumin and Seeun wanted to watch them only, while enjoying the scenery.

Isa dusted the bike seat, making sure that the fallen leaves were not on it. Sitting on it, she pushed the pedals of the bicycle, and soon, the wind was caressing her face as she cycled through the pathway, looking at the scenery, which was made up of buildings and trees. The cool early-autumn wind blew on their faces gently and the trees that lined up along the cycling and jogging paths swayed at the breeze as if they were dancing. The people there could hear the sound of rushing water from the river nearby, it made them feel relaxed and serene.

 The people there could hear the sound of rushing water from the river nearby, it made them feel relaxed and serene

"Can I borrow your bike for a while?" Yeeun looked at Seeun, who asked her the question. She nodded her head, getting off the bicycle." With a blink of an eye, Seeun was already pedalling off to somewhere. Yeeun shrugged and sat on the bench, and watched four boys ride their skateboards. As she watched the cars passing at the nearby bridge, she slowly sank deep into her thoughts, her eyes slowly closing.

"Yeeun?"

She jolted awake at the deep voice and looked at the person who called her. "Haruto?"

"Mhm. Do you skate?"

"When I was in middle school, back in Tokyo. I don't skate nowadays since my sister took my skateboard," she replied, sliding down on her seat. Haruto's lips formed an "o" and sat beside her.

"Why don't you buy another one?" Yeeun sat up and sighed.

"I'll tell you why." She pulled up the sleeve of her shirt and lifted her elbow.

"See this?" A fairly medium-sized scar was visible near her elbow. "I got this when I was in an accident. Someone knocked me down when I was skateboarding. I didn't want to skate anymore after that." Haruto nodded, looking at the scar. He leaned back on the wooden bench, staring at the flowers that were planted on the pavement. After a while of silence, he got up with his skateboard and reached out his hand.