[13] irene the Red

edited: ✔

The sound of a window shattering from the second level of a house resonated through the silent night. A figure was thrown out of the window frame, followed by another female figure with a high ponytail jumping out and landing with a thud. The female punched the other figure in the face and gave him a kick in the stomach, causing him to throw up blood. She wiped the dripping sweat off her forehead and took out a gun, cocking it.

"You used people, scammed them, and took their money."

The man took a gun out of his pocket, aiming it at the girl. The female figure gave a wheel kick, and the gun flew out of the man's hands. The man attempted to punch her, but she dodged, grabbed his outstretched hand and pulled, causing him to collide his head against the cold brick wall.

More blood oozed out of his head, but it seemed like he didn't want to give up.

"You're the one that caused me to have nothing left. You're going to get it," the man got up and advanced towards her.

"Get what?" The woman used the heel of her boots to pin the man against the bloody wall. "You deserved it. Your wife, do you love her? Or you're using her when she dearly loves you? You go to bars to find desperate girls who would earn you money and ditch them without anything left for them." The man pushed her leg away and picked up his gun. He staggered towards her slowly. "My reputation depended on her. You took my reputation and tore it down into pieces." He pushed the trigger.

No bullets came out. He pushed the trigger again, but the gun did not shoot any bullet.

"So what? You deserved to have your reputation torn. Fakers are like leeches. They suck up to someone fast before leaving them bleeding when they're full. You sucked up your father-in-law's money as soon as you were married and used it for scheming people. I didn't ruin your reputation. You ruined your own." She opened her fist, showing the bullets from his gun. She raised hers.

The man's legs turned into jelly before kneeling to her. "Please, please don't. Don't kill me." "But you wanted to kill me," The woman whispered mockingly. The man stopped blabbering after hearing what she said. "I won't," his voice wavered. She let out a scoff, and her face switched to a poker face.

"You think i would? I am Irene, i'm no charity volunteer. Goodbye." Gunshots were fired, and the man collapsed onto the dirt floor, blood oozing out of his chest, mouth, nose and head. She walked out of the alley.

"Is he dead?" A woman with her child appeared outside the alley, refusing to look at the bloody mess lying on the dirty brick floor.

"Yes," Irene said, walking towards her motorbike that stood at the entrance of the woman's house, wiping off the blood on her hands and the sleeves of her leather jacket using a cloth. As Irene started her engine, she turned and looked at the little girl who was facing the outside of the alley, looking at the tall buildings. She was hugging her teddy bear, which had baby blue and pink ribbons decorated on it. Irene stopped the engine and fished for something in her crossbody bag.

"Here. A lollipop for you." The little girl turned to Irene and slowly took the candy. The girl shyly muttered a "thank you", making Irene smile.

"Anyway, I have to go. Be safe." She started the engine and rode off into the silent, unharmed night. While riding through the underground express, her phone rang. She tapped on her wireless earpiece.

"Yes?"

"New mission. Meet me at headquarters for the briefing." She nodded and switched lanes, exiting the underground highway.

" She nodded and switched lanes, exiting the underground highway