6. laundry

*

*

JACK WAS COOKING DINNER AS ARIA WAS WATCHING TV ON THE COUCH. THEY KEPT GLANCING OVER AT EACH OTHER BUT INSTANTLY LOOKING AWAY. THEY BOTH COULD SENSE THE TENSION BETWEEN THEM. Shawn and Corey were sitting next to Aria as they were thoroughly enjoying the violent movie they were watching.

"Where did Eric go?" Jack asks Aria curiously.

"Oh... he's doing my laundry." Aria replies in a carefree tone.

Jack stops what he is doing and looks at her with a concerned look on his face.

"Eric Matthew's... is doing.. laundry." Jack says in concerned tone.

"Your clothes lived a good life." Corey says dramatically as he looks over at Aria.

"Oh my god.... why did I trust him with my clothes!" Aria screams frantically as she sprints out the door.

Shawn laughs as Jack quickly follows Aria out the door. Aria aggressively pushes the elevator button causing Jack to laugh.

"Shut up." Aria mumbles as she looks over at him.

He had an adorable grin stuck on his face and Aria fought back every urge to smile at him. She hated how cute he was.

"Remind me why you thought it was smart to trust Eric?" Jack asks her jokingly.

"People make mistakes.. okay." Aria replies defensively.

Jack nods as the elevator fills with awkward silence. Jack glances over at Aria as he feels a sudden wave of nervousness overtake him.

"You pressed the wrong number." Jack says playfully as he gestures to the buttons.

Aria groans in annoyance as she reaches for the correct number but feels Jack's hand collide with her hand. Sparks go through Jacks hand as he looks over at Aria.

"Sorry..." Jack stutters as he quickly pulls his hand away.

"You're fine." Aria mutters awkwardly as she pushes the button.

They finally arrive on the correct floor and they both try and exit the elevator at the exact same time. Their bodies collide and Aria feels a tug in her chest as Jack places his hands on her waist so he won't run her over.

"Sorry... I can't seem to get out of your way." Jack says softly as he pulls his hands away from her.

He gestures for her to go first and Aria gives him a soft smile as she exits the elevator. Aria feels her face get hot as she replays the previous moment through her head. She felt that familiar tug in her chest and she didn't know why she was feeling this way around Jack.

They arrived at the laundry room causing Jacks eyes to land on soap spilling out of the bottom of the door.

"Shit." Jack says as he pulls open the door.