25. the unexpected visitor

*

*

LIFE WAS FINALLY LOOKING GOOD FOR ARIA. SHE WAS CURRENTLY STANDING NEXT TO JACK IN THE KITCHEN AS HE TOLD HER ALL ABOUT HIS DAY. ARIA GAVE HIM HER FULL ATTENTION AS SHE WATCHED HIM MAKE HER BREAKFAST. JACK KEPT ACCIDENTALLY HITTING HER ARM AS HE STIRRED THE MUFFIN BATTER. THE SMALLEST FORM OF CONTACT BETWEEN THEM SENT BOTH OF THEIR HEARTS INTO PANIC MODE.

"Can I lick the bowl when you're done?" Aria asks Jack curiously as she leans on the counter.

A small laugh leaves Jacks mouth as he nodded his head.

"Sure... as long as you leave some for me." Jack replies playfully.

"You eat the batter too?" Aria asks him curiously.

"Doesn't everybody? I always do that.... when I was little my mom would always give me a spoon to eat the batter when she was done making the muffins." Jack tells Aria softly.

"It's the best part." Aria says in a serious tone.

Jack smiles at her before scooping the batter into the pan.

"You are terrible at that." Aria teases him.

"Really? Like you could do any better." Jack replies defensively.

"I can do better." Aria says sharply as she takes a step towards him.

Jack felt himself take a nervous breath as Aria stood directly in front of him. She grabbed the spoon from his hand and slowly scooped the batter into the pan. Aria could feel Jacks presence behind her sending chills through her body.

"You are too slow at it... it would take you ten hours to make the muffins... you got to be quicker with it." Jack tells her sharply.

Aria feels Jack gently place his hand over hers as he shows her how to quickly scoop the batter out. Aria can feel her entire body get hot at the feeling of his hand on top of hers. Jack flicked the batter onto Aria causing her to squeal as she quickly removed her hand from his.

"Jack!" Aria yelled angrily as she wiped batter off of her face.

Jack just laughed innocently as he continued to place the batter into the pan. Jack turned to look at Aria causing their eyes to lock.

"You got a little something... on your eyebrow." Jack says jokingly as he gestures to her face.

"Hmm... I wonder who's fault that is." Aria huffed in annoyance as she grabbed a paper towel and wiped her face.

Jack turned his attention from the batter and back to Aria causing his heart to stop. She still had batter stuck on her face and in her hair. He was taken back by her beauty as he couldn't peel his eyes away from her.

"What are you looking at?" She asks him sharply.

Jack froze as he awkwardly looked away and cleared his throat.