16. fighting

*

*

ARIA, ERIC AND SHAWN IMPATIENTLY WAITED FOR JACK TO GET HOME FROM HIS INTERVIEW. THEY ALL WERE SITTING ON THE COUCH PLAYING UNO. THEY ALL KNEW HOW IMPORTANT THE INTERVIEW WAS FOR JACK AND THEY HOPED HE WOULD COME HOME IN A GOOD MOOD.

The sound of the door slamming open caused all of them to turn their attention to Jack Hunter entering the living room. His entire body was soaking wet as he angrily placed his stuff on the ground.

"Is it raining?" Shawn asked him curiously.

"No.. I'm soaking wet because it's sunny out." Jack snaps back at him.

"I'm guessing the interview went well." Eric says sarcastically.

Jack just glares at him before walking past them and into the kitchen. Aria placed her cards down on the table as she looked over at Jack. He looked very angry as he rummaged through the fridge. Aria had never seen him this upset. He usually never lost his temper no matter how bad things got.

"What happened?" Aria asks him softly as she stands up.

"It doesn't matter." Jack huffed angrily as he slammed the fridge door.

Aria stood there staring at him as he refused to meet her eyes. Shawn and Eric stayed quiet as they stared at Jack as they remained on the couch.

"You wanna play uno with us?" Shawn asked him innocently.

Jack ran a hand through his wet hair as he looked over at his brother. He walked over to the couch grabbed the deck of cards and threw them across the room.

"Hey! What did the cards ever do to you?" Shawn yelled at him in disbelief.

"Hey... why don't you tell us what happened?" Aria asks Jack in a calm tone.

"Just play your stupid card game." Jack huffed angrily as he walked back into the kitchen.

Jack made sure to bump his shoulder into Arias arm as he passed by her. Aria sighed before turning around to face Jack.

"Obviously it went bad and instead of pouting like a child or throwing cards around the room you could talk to us and maybe it will make you feel better." Aria says in a sharp tone.

"What do you want me to say? The interview was terrible? They told me after that they weren't going to contact me again? Or do you want me to tell you that I let my dream job slip from my fingers... I chocked... so sorry if I'm not my usual happy self." Jack yells as he looks like he might cry.