23. the indoor pool

*

*

JACK SAT DOWN ON THE BED MAKING SURE HIS FEET WERE ABOVE THE GROUND IN FEAR THAT SOME ANIMAL MIGHT CRAWL UNDERNEATH HIM IN THE SKETCHY HOTEL. HE WAS ALREADY DRESSED AND IN HIS SWIM TRUNKS AS HE WAITED FOR ARIA TO GET READY. ERIC AND SHAWN HAD ALREADY SPRINTED DOWN THE STAIRS WASTING NO TIME LEAVING ARIA AND JACK BEHIND.

"You don't have to wait for me.... go on down... I'll be down in a second." Aria yells through the bathroom door.

"I'll just wait for you." Jack yells back.

"Just go!" Aria tells him sharply.

"I can wait like five minutes." Jack mumbles in response.

He never truly understood girls and he didn't really understand why Aria was taking forever to get dressed in her swimsuit.

Aria kept staring at her body in mirror as she felt extremely insecure. She knew her body wasn't ugly but right now she felt like screaming. She didn't want Jack to judge her exposed body... she knew he would probably think she was ugly. She took a deep breath as she jumped up and down before throwing a large shirt over her body. She hid her swimsuit underneath the shirt so she could save herself from the embarrassment for now. The bathroom door opened causing Jack to look up at Aria.

"You ready?" Jack asks her softly as he stands up.

Arias eyes land on Jacks shirtless chest. His abs were on display along with his built arms. He was so hot and Aria felt herself nervously swallow the spit that was threatening to spill out of her mouth. Aria felt even more insecure now that she had seen Jack due to how beautiful his body was.

"I'm ready." Aria says nervously as she runs a hand through her hair.

"You alright?" Jack asks her in a concerned tone.

She looked like she was on edge and Jack wanted to make sure she was okay. He hated to see her stressed or uncomfortable.

"Yeah I'm fine... this hotel just gives me the creeps." Aria lies as she gives him a fake smile.

Jack could tell by the way she was smiling that she wasn't telling the truth.

"I understand if you don't wanna tell me the real reason why you're nervous... i know you probably think I won't understand.... But I can try." Jack tells her in a soft tone.

Arias eyes locked with Jacks eyes as he looked genuinely concerned for her. Aria could feel her heart flutter at the way he was looking at her.

"I just... I don't know... I'm just... I don't want you guys to you know... see me in a swimsuit." Aria stutters as she turns her attention to the ground.

Jacks eyes widen in disbelief as he looks at her. He couldn't believe a girl as beautiful and amazing as Aria would ever feel insecure about her appearance.