27. weak and fragile

*

*

JACK WAS RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL AND WAS GLAD HE COULD FINALLY SLEEP IN HIS OWN BED AGAIN. HE WAS BEING SENT HOME WITH A SHIT TON OF PAIN KILLERS AND HIS HEAD WAS STILL KILLING HIM DUE TO HIS CONCUSSION. HE WALKED OUT OF THE HOSPITAL WITH ARIA BESIDE HIM.

"You don't have to watch my every step... it's not like I'm gonna drop dead out of nowhere." Jack teases Aria.

"I'm just nervous... you were in really bad shape after Richard beat the crap out of you." Aria says softly.

"He didn't beat the crap out of me... I beat the shit out of him." Jack replies defensively.

Aria rolls her eyes as they make their way to the parking lot.

"Don't trip." Aria says nervously as she points to a rock in front of Jack.

"Relax... I know how to walk I'm not two." Jack replies playfully.

Aria pulls the keys out of her purse as she heads to the drivers side of the car.

"No way. I'm not letting you drive. I almost died once do you want me to die again?" Jack says jokingly.

Aria glares at him as Jack walks towards her.

"Erics in class right now and you can't drive the car with your concussion." Aria tells Jack sharply.

"I can drive... I'm fine." Jack reassures her as he reaches for the keys.

Aria moves the keys away from him as she opens the car door.

"I like you Aria but I kinda wanna make it home alive." Jack says sarcastically.

Aria smacks his arm with all of her strength causing him to groan in pain.

"I'm sorry are you alright?" Aria asks him frantically.

"I'm fine... don't baby me... just because I was in the hospital doesn't mean I'm fragile or something." Jack mutters under his breath.

"I know that... I just worry about you." Aria says truthfully as she looks up at him.

Their eyes lock sending chills through Jacks body. A sharp pain goes through Jacks head but he clenches his jaw to show no signs of weakness. He didn't want Aria to have to take care of him anymore.

"I can drive." Jack tells Aria as he grabs her wrist.

"No... Jack no." Aria argues as he tries to get the keys out of her hand.

Arias heart stops as her eyes lock with his. He gives her puppy dog eyes causing her heart to melt. He gently takes the keys out of her hand and holds them in front of her face.

"I'll drive." Jack tells her in a cocky tone.

"You are not allowed to drive!" Aria yells at him.