17. broken

*

*

WARNING ⚠️ mentions of abuse

WHEN JACK HUNTER GOT OUT OF THE SHOWER HIS BODY WAS DRIPPING WITH WATER AS HIS TOWEL LOOSELY HUNG ON HIS HIPS. HIS MIND COULD ONLY THINK OF ARIA AND THE WAY HE TREATED HER.

"Shawn did you steal my underwear again?" Jack yelled into the living room as a soft laugh left his lips.

The room seemed awfully quiet causing Jack to furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"Shawn!" He yelled as he walked into the kitchen.

When he was met with no response he turned his attention to the couch. His eyes landed on Shawn staring at something beside him.

"Did you lose your ability of hearing? I've been yelling your name?" Jack asks him as he walks closer to him.

Shawn turns to look at him causing Jacks heart to sink. Shawn had a scared expression on his face and Jack knew something was wrong. Shawn turned his attention to something in his lap. Jack felt a painful rip in his chest as his eyes landed on Aria. She was clinging onto Shawns chest as she had tears falling down her face. She looked so broken and Jack felt like his heart might break at the sight of her. He felt a sickening feeling in his stomach as he assumed she was this way because of the way he treated her.

"Aria... I am so sorry... I shouldn't have treated you the way I did... I was an asshole and I took my anger out on you because I care about you and I was an idiot and I am so sorry... I love you staying here." Jack rambled frantically.

Aria weakly lifted her head off of Shawn as she looked up at Jack. She had glasses on her face but Jacks eyes landed on her arms that were laced with bruises and scratches.

"Who did this to you?" Jack asked her in a low tone.

"I'm fine Jack... and I forgive you." Aria says as her voice seems broken.

"No... you're not fine... I'm going to ask you this again... who did this to you?" Jack asks her as his voice gets louder.

"Just give her a second..." Shawn tells Jack in a calm voice.

Shawn gently ran his hand back and forth on Arias arms as he pulled her body closer to him.

"Are you in pain?" Jack asks her softly.

"I feel like I've been ran over by a bus." Aria replies sarcastically as a weak laugh leaves her lips.

Jack smiled at her comment as his eyes landed on the sunglasses covering most of her face. He reached his hand out to her face and quickly pulled the sunglasses off of her eyes. Aria desperately reached for the glasses but she was too slow. Jacks eyes landed on her bare face. Every inch of her face seemed to have some sort of injury. He stared at her one eye that had a huge bruise surrounding it. It pained him to see her like this