Chapter 19

Liz's POV

"Liz. Elizabeth! Chill out and tell us what happened." 

Isabelle said as I burst through her apartment door finding her and Kelly relaxing in the living room. I slammed the door shut and leaned my back against it breathing hard, my hand clinched the envelope in my hand.

"Shut the curtains. Hurry."

I said rushing over to the curtain in the dinning room. Kelly quickly put her book down and rose from her seat, closing the curtains in the living room. Isabelle walked into her room and quickly returned with a change of clothes for me.

"Tell us what happened Elizabeth."

Kelly said as I ran a hand through some of the lose parts of my hair. Taking a deep I calmed myself down enough to recall what had just happened .

~~~~

"Where's my order Jonathan?"

The dinner was hoping today since it was Saturday. Normally I didn't work on the weekends but in order to pay for community college I volunteered. I had been there since 7 this morning  and my day was almost over.

"Order up. Shouldn't you be going home soon?"

Jonathan said as placed the food on my tray, blowing some hair out of my face.

"I have one more table then I'm out of here."

I said with a smile as I walked off, placing the food down at the table with a smile.

"Thank you sweetie."

The older woman said as I refilled her coffee, her husband started munching on his hamburger.

"You're very welcome."

I smiled before walking back to the counter, where Jennifer, a waitress with her red hair in a pixie cut and brown eyes. Wearing the same yellow dress I was, with a dirty white apron from a long days work.

"Hey Liz I know that was your last table but there's a guy over here that keeps asking for you."

She motioned with her head towards the both in the corner where a teenage boy was sitting with a menu covering his face, and a glass of water.

"Why?"

I asked trying to look without staring, he didn't look familiar to me.

"I don't know but he won't give an order unless it's to you." 

Jennifer said shrugging her shoulders, with a sigh I pulled out my little order book from the pocket in my apron. I put on a soft smile and walked straight up to the strange teenager sat.

"Are you ready to order?"

I asked earning a slight chuckle from him, I raised a brow.

"A bowl of turtle soup would be nice."

I felt my blood turn cold and a sick feeling rise in my stomach, bile rose in my throat. He lowered the menu and revealed his sandy blonde hair, tan skin, brown eyes, and a long scar that went along the left side of his cheek.

Immediately I knew who he was, Chanel, Isabelle, and Kelly had told me strokes about him describing him to a T.

"Nathan. What are you doing here?"

I asked looking around to see if anyone was watching. He smirked at my uncomfortableness as he stood up leaving a envelope with my name on it on the table. He leaned his face real close to mine, I sucked in a breath.

"I just didn't want you to feel left out. Your the only one I haven't played with yet."

He chuckled as he walked out leaving me there scared and confused. Snapping out of my trance I grabbed the envelope and walked out to the back.

"Where are you going Liz?"

Jennifer asked as I walked past and grabbing my jacket.

"I have to go. You can have the top on my last table."

With that I basically ran out the back door not giving her time to respond.

~~~~

"Then I ran here as fast as I could."

I said now changed into a thin long lite pink hoodie, black leggings, my blonde hair in a sloppy bun, and thin black flats. My legs were curled up in the chair with me as I stared at the envelope that now laid on the coffee table.

Isabelle was pacing the floor in deep thought, Kelly was staring at the envelope as well.

"Let's open it."

Kelly said grabbing the envelope off the table and gently tore the seal. Isabelle stopped pacing and watched with wide eyes. I quickly rose from my seat and rushed to stand beside Isabelle to stare over Kelly's shoulder. She timidly took out the folded piece of paper, unfolding it carefully before reading it out loud.

"Ladies, I just want to let you know that our little game will soon becoming to its end. I know it's shame that it has to end so suddenly but I assure you that the ending will be one to remember. Yours truly Nathan."

As she finished reading it my T-phone started ringing, I pulled it out of my pocket to see Chanel's picture pop up.

"Chanel's calling."

I said.

"Put it on speaker."

Isabelle said. With a nod I answered putting her on speaker.

"Hey Chanel."

I said, suddenly I could hear sobs on the other end of the phone.

"I need you guys to come to the cemetery."

She said trying to calm down her sobs, even through the phone I could picture the tears just pouring down her face.

"What's wrong Chanel?"

Kelly asked leaning towards the phone.

"It's just a rough day. Two years since.... Please guys I really need you guys."

She said with such sadness it hurt.

"We'll be there in ten."

Isabelle said and with that Chanel hung up the phone.