Chapter 30

Mikey's POV

"We have to get out of here."

Donnie said as he rushed over to Raph forcefully pulling at the sai that was holding him to the ground. I didn't really register what he said though as I frantically tried to find a way to get to Liz as fire spread heating the place up. Smoke was starting to become thicker and make my eyes water.

"Donnie, Raph find a way to get out of here. Mikey and I will get Liz!"

Leo yelled out over the sound of word cracking he came up beside me and grabbed my arm. The two of us headed towards the steps, swiftly stepping around the flames and trying to see through the smoke.

Finally we were able to reach Liz's unconscious form as the flames started to grow and the smoke started to fill my lungs. Rushing over Leo and I carefully slipped her hands off the hook, gently I pulled her up bridal style as Leo threw a blanket over her.

"We -cough- have to get out of - cough- here."

I said as the smoke and flames started to increase greatly, Leo ushered me  to quickly go down the steps. I tried my best to step around and avoid the flames as the doff started to crackle and give way.  As I looked around for an opening I say a side door straight across from me where Donnie was motioning for us.

In a flash the three of were out of the burning building and resting in the alleyway a little further down. Carefully I laid Liz down, slipping the gag off of her face, her body much like mine was covered in ashes.  I pulled a dagger out of my elbow pad and sliced the rope around her wrist.

"Let me check her out."

Donnie said squatting himself down next to her taking her wrist in his hand, right when he when he touched her, her head popped up. She started coughing uncontrollably as she looked around frantically her green blood shot eyes landed on me.

"Mikey"

she uttered out as she sat up on her knees wrapping her arms around my neck, her coughing didn't die down and some of the blood on her face rubbed off on on me.

Tears started to run down her face as I rubbed circles on her back trying to calm her down, as the sound of sirens started to sound closer.

"We have to get out of here."

Leo said as he opened the man hole. I helped Liz to her feet as Raph began yell.

"We need to follow Nathan! He has Chanel and Izzy and were just gonna go home!"

Raph yelled in frustration up in Leo's face.

"What we need to do is to come up with another plan and regroup. I'm just as upset as you are about this I want the girls back but we need to get back and tend to our wounds."

Leo ordered with a little bit of heart break in his voice. Raph continued to grumble under his breath as he jumped into the sewer. Donnie followed him and I scooped Liz up in my arms holding her tight, before I jumped down I looked at Leo with determination in my eyes.

"I swear we will find the others and we will make Nathan pay."

Leo nodded his head at me stone faced.