Epilogue

Third Person POV

As the celebration began to die down in the barn, the fearless leader decided it was time to have a conversation with his lovely girlfriend. As they walked hand in hand out the doors and into the snowy night, their breath sending small capers into the sky.

About ten feet away from the barn they both stopped, Isabelle looked up at her turtle boyfriend slightly confused, but as she looked closer she was able to see the fact that something was weighing him down.

"Leo?"

Her sweet voice asked as a slight shiver went down her back from the cold. Leonardo saw this and immediately    shrugged off his jacket and slipped it around her short figure. He only had one katana in a ceremonial sleeve around his waist.

"I think it's time you've had this back."

He said as he pulled out the small silver and blue ring that had belonged to her for a while now. She grinned as he slipped the ring softly on her finger, but she knew that there was a different reason to why they were out there.

"Is everything okay?"

She asked as she reached out and touched his face. He let out sigh as he placed his hand over top of hers.

"I have to talk to you about something."

Isabelle's look turned into one complete and utter worry.

"What is it?"

She asked trying to pull her hand back, but Leo kept a firm grip on her.

"Splinter has decided to send me away for training." 

Leonardo watched as sadness washed over her face.

"Where?"

She asked trying her best to hide her sadness.

"Central America."

He uttered out causing her head to drop, she knew what this meant, that Leo wasn't just going away for the weekend.

"For how long?"

She asked choking back tears. As The blue clad turtle spoke it broke his heart.

"A year."

This caused the blue eyed girl to pull away from him and turned her back to him. With a heavy heart he walked around her so that he  was back in front of her.

"Isabelle? Love?"

He asked asked as he slipped his hand underneath her chin and lifted her head, tears were starting to run down her face.

"When do you leave?"

She asked, heartache in her voice.

"In a few days."

He said not really wanting to tell her the exact day. At first hearing this Isabelle was slightly angry for the fact he should have told her sooner, but then she realized that he did not wish to interfere with the wedding.

So instead of saying anything she simply wrapped her arms around his neck and placed a warm sweet kiss against his lips, which he happily returned.

"Will you write?"

She asked as they pulled apart. Leonardo chuckled as he brushed a strand of lose hair out of her face.

"Every single day."

He said as she laid her head against his chest, clinging on to him tightly. He gently rubbed circles onto her back as she looked up at him and spoke again.

"I'm gonna miss you so much."

This hurt him, seeing her cry like this and hurting because him, and that made him hate the idea if this trip even more.

"I'll only be gone for a year."

He said trying to reassure her.

"Promise me you'll come back?"

She asked as she tried to dry up her tears.

"I promise, Love"