Chapter 6

(Y/N) entered Komugi's room the next evening. She was looking at the Gungi board, thinking about how the King didn't tell her his name.

"Komugi?"

"Huh? Oh, (Y/N)! Is that you?"

"Indeed it is, Komugi. I have brought you some food and water that you can enjoy." She placed the food down beside her. She lead Komugi's hand to the fork. "Enjoy it. I made it myself."

"Thank you, (Y/N). You're too kind." She then began to smell the food before eating it. "It's very good! I don't get good meals like this often."

"I understand you. My life wasn't a walk in the park either. I think we'll get along just fine."

"You think so?" Komugi smiled. "Because I was thinking the same thing."

---

The King and (Y/N) have been talking more and more within' that one day as their relationship had gotten significantly better. When she left, he summoned Pitou to the throne room.

"How does this sound to you, sire? I'll have my aura in a radius, surrounding you. It will prevent my presence from bothering you." Pitou was on one knee as she spoke.

"You suggest that I stay in one place? Or could you simply move the aura around the area. Could it's location change as I move around freely? Is it possible?" The King asked. "I refuse to have my movement constantly monitored."

"No. We would never propose to you something soo restrictive."

"So if I do not wish to endure your presence, I will only be able to move within' that confined area? Then if it were my wish to go elsewhere, you would have to move it, is that right?"

"I am at lost for words."

"You will your En focused on the outside of the palace for now. At least until tomorrow's sorting. That will suffice. It's not enough? I'd would've thought it would be plenty to stop outside attacks. Or are you trying to tell me that there are already enemies inside? That is shown that your En is as worthless as a common siv, am I wrong?"

"No, sire. The problem is, focusing all of my En outside will limit its benefits. I would miss any attacks coming from underground. Plus, if there were enemies among those who were permitted entry. I would not have the ability to detect them, sire."

"Are you referring to Komugi and (Y/N) then?"

"No. I am referring to the eleven soldiers who still remain station within' the palace. They've all been given freedom to come and go as they see fit with minimal supervision. And of course, we check when one of them enters, but if a soldier were to be somehow controlled by the enemy, it would be difficult to best to know for sure. Also-"

"That's enough." The King stood up. "You may use your En only to the first floor. That will permit you to guard against any underground attacks. Forbid anyone who tries coming up to the second floor. If we're infiltrated, I will dispose of them personally. You will not come unless summoned! Disturb me at your own peral!" That when she nodded and left to get to her new post.

---

The King entered (Y/N)'s room and closed the door behind him. She looked at him to see he was frustrated.

"What's wrong, sire?"

"I was getting irritated with Pitou's En all around me, so we had a discussion about what she should do." He sat on the bed. "We will be under attack soon, judging by the amount of stress everyone is in."

"What about your En?"

"My En?"

"Yeah. How effective is it?"

"Not very effective. I am more of a physically fighter than a En user."  He told her.

"Want to know something about me?"

"What is it?" He looked at her carefully.

"I'm a enhancer, and I can use En as well."

"How effective is your En?"

"That's the problem. I don't train with my aura or nen anymore. Since, I was kidnapped, I only used it out of anger or sometimes sadness."

"I understand. After the sorting, we will train hard."

"Hey, uhm... Your Highness?"

"What is it?"

"Can we watch the sunset together?" (Y/N) looked at him as he just nodded and lead her to a big balcony that was a five minute journey from her room. "Woah..."

"I sometimes have a look at the view." He crossed his arms as he realised how close she was to him. His heart began to race quickly, and his face felt hot.

Meruem's (The King's) POV...

My face was hot and my heart was beating faster than ever. My stomach was all tingly kind of, and my tail is moving in a new way I'd never seen it before. Why does it occur around this one human? Could it mean anything?

Wait..

(Y/N) explained love to him as well. That must be it. I... love her? No way! I am the King. I can kill her easily, and she shouldn't be any use of my time! I am the King. I can't have someone like her... can I?

End of POV...

"Sire? Can I tell you something?" (Y/N) looked up at him as he nodded, his arms now down by his sides. "You know about "love" I was talking to you about either yesterday or the day before?"

"Yes?"

"I am in love with somebody." She blushed as he stared at her. How can she love someone else, and not him. His face turned into a angry look, hinted with sadness.

"Who is it?" His tail stopped moving.

"It's uhm... uhh... y-you." That was when he froze in his spot. She loves him!? Him!? His body fluttered with joy, but like hell he would admit that. "I'm sorry, sire. I know it is not right love a Ki-" She was cut off from his lips crashing down against hers. His eyes were closed, and hers soon closed as well.

"I am in love with you too, (Y/N)." He blushed and pulled away from her. She hugged him gently as he placed his hands on her waist, not knowing how to properly hug somebody yet.